The Periodic Review is the primary vehicle for review of educational and administrative units and for documentation of institutional effectiveness. University of Kentucky’s Governing Regulation IX requires that each educational and administrative unit in the University shall be reviewed comprehensively at regular intervals by an ad hoc committee. The review period shall normally be from five (5) to seven (7) years. This review period enables educational and administrative units to better align their goals and plans with those of the college and University. This process is designed to improve the quality and effectiveness of teaching and learning, research, public service, and operations. It does so by systematically examining missions, goals, objectives, resources, activities, processes, and outcomes of programs and services (Administrative Regulations 1:4).
Periodic Review: Four Components
Periodic Review Schedule
The Periodic Review Schedule provides 5–7 year review schedules of the University’s educational and administrative units. The schedules are updated annually. Inquiries should be directed to Dr. Ann D. Weber.
Periodic Review Calendar
The Periodic Review Calendar is a guidepost for assisting educational and administrative units with monitoring progress and completion dates. Administrative units can expect to complete their periodic review in one calendar year. Educational units can expect to complete their periodic review in one academic year. Listed below is the calendar for educational and administrative units:
|2016 – 2017 Educational Unit Calendar||2016 – 2017 Administrative Unit Calendar|
|2015 – 2016 Educational Unit Calendar||2015 – 2016 Administrative Unit Calendar|
|2014 – 2015 Educational Unit Calendar||2014 – 2015 Administrative Unit Calendar|
Institutional Data to Support Periodic Review
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports
- Digital Measures
- Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA)
- ACT and HSGPA information/First-time Freshmen ACT Scores (by college and program).
- Headcount Enrollment Information (by college, program, and degree level).
- Student Credit Hours (Schs) (by college, department, and overall)
- Degrees Awarded Information (by college, program, and degree level).
- Retention and Graduation Rate Reports
- AAUP Teaching Faculty (by college, department, rank, and gender with average salaries)
- Faculty Productivity (by college, department, and overall).
- Course History Information
- Undergraduate / Graduate Alumni Survey results (by college, department, and overall).
- Graduating Senior Survey Results (by college and overall)