Banner Link to UK Link to International Center


 欢迎来肯塔基大学!      مرحباً بكم في جامعة كنتاكي       International Student Ambassadors Map 

Undergraduate Admissions
The Undergraduate Admissions office supports students through the admission process -- collecting all application materials, rendering admission decisions, sending the I-20 or DS-2019 Form and determining if previous course credits are transferable. Visit the International Student Admissions page here.

Students who begin studying at another college or university, either in the U.S. or internationally, may be able to transfer their coursework to the University of Kentucky to complete their degree. Visit the Transfer Student admissions page for more info.

Conditional Undergraduate Admission

International undergraduate applicants who meet UK’s academic requirements for admission but do not meet the minimum language proficiency requirement may be offered conditional admission.

Students can complete the language requirement by enrolling in full-time intensive language courses at UK's Center for English as a Second Language. The duration of these courses will depend on placement test results and individual student progress. Upon successful completion of the English language course(s), the student will move seamlessly into a degree program at UK.

Graduate School Admission

Upon completion of an undergraduate degree a student may continue his or her studies towards a graduate degree. Graduate work is a combination of both research and coursework, and requires more self-directed learning. Individual programs have varying deadlines. For more information visit UK’s Graduate School.

J-1 Nondegree Seeking Students
An individual attending the UK for a prescribed program of academic activity which does not lead to a degree from UK may get a J-1 visa as a non-degree student and can stay on J status up to 2 years. There are two types of students who may wish to use this category to study at the University of Kentucky:

1) Exchange Student with Partner University.  
The Office of Education Abroad offers students from our partner universities the opportunity to come to UK as a visiting exchange student for one or two semesters per year. If you are interested in applying to study for short-term as an exchange student from a partner institution, please visit the international exchanges program at your home university for application materials.  More information click here.
2) Government or UK Department Sponsored Student. 
Students may engage in either for-credit or non-credit courses as defined by their government or University of Kentucky departmental sponsor.  Prospective students will need to ask the UK faculty member to contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services to begin the process of obtaining the proper DS-2019 form, if applicable.  Government sponsored students must contact their respective government representatives to gain permission and insure that they are approved for study at the University of Kentucky.   Below is a list of government partners and sponsors:

Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM)
Omani Cultural Mission (OCM)
Brazil Scientific Mobility Program (formerly Science Without Borders)
The Fulbright Program

Academic Calendar
UK's Academic Calendar lists deadlines for all undergraduate and graduate programs.