Banner Link to UK International Center

Leaving the University?

An F-1 student's legal status in the United States is directly related to the student pursuing a full-course of study. If you are thinking of taking a leave of absence or withdrawing from UK, please speak with an F-1 advisor before your departure to discuss the possible affects to your student status.

Departure Notification
It is required by Immigration Law that you notify our office prior to departing permanently from the University of Kentucky and/or taking a temporary leave of absence. Prior to leaving and/or taking a leave of absence from the University of Kentucky, please complete the Departure Notification Form (pdf) and submit it to 214 Bradley Hall, or send it as an email attachment to or  Our office is required to obtain evidence and provide a reason for your departure so we can properly update your SEVIS record.