Banner Link to UK Link to International Center

On-campus Employment Authorization

Documents to submit to Bradley 216:


  • The student must maintain full-time enrollment at the University of Kentucky while employed.
  • Except during official school breaks and the student’s annual vacation, the student’s employment may total no more than 20 hours per week, and he or she must continue to engage in a full course of study while employed.
  • This approval will be withdrawn automatically if the student’s program is terminated.
  • The Responsible or Alternate Responsible Officer must approve the specific employment in advance.

Types of Student Employment:

Type 1:   Student employment pursuant to the terms of a scholarship, fellowship or assistantship.
Type 2:   Student employment on the premises of the University of Kentucky.
Type 3:   Student Employment off campus, necessary because of serious, urgent and unforeseen economic circumstances which have arisen since the student acquired exchange visitor status.