UKCI will host our 2nd Chinese Proficiency Competition this Spring. Dates and location will be announced later.
1. There is no specific or required topic. It is usually general enough that you can adjust your 3-minute speech to fit it, even after you've drafted your talk. Think in terms of, "Fun with Chinese Language and Culture."
2. There will be computer plug-ins for an LCD and a projector. Please bring your own USBs.
3. The competition is in 2 parts:
1) Speech: up to 3 minutes - 80% of the total score. For ALL levels.
2) Cultural Performance: up to 3 minutes - 20% of the total score, to be done by one or more of the team members for ALL levels. (Cultural demonstration or "talent" of any kind: dance, martial arts, humor, poetry recitation, skit, song, instrumental music, etc.)
The Applicants will be divided to the categories of "Heritage Speakers" and "Non-Heritage Speakers".
PLEASE REGISTER HERE
If you have any questions, please call our office at (859) 257-4523, or send an email to our Activities Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.