2014 Kentucky K-12 Level Chinese Proficiency Competition
Confucius Institute at University of Kentucky
Saturday, May 24, 2014
We are very excited about our upcoming Kentucky Elementary, Middle, and High School level Chinese language competitions. The events will take place Saturday May 31, 2014 from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at the Auditorium of The William T. Young Library, University of Kentucky. Lexington, KY 40506.
1. There is no specific or required topic. The competitions are general enough that you can usually adjust your 3-minute speech to fit it, even after you’ve prepared your talk. Think in terms of, "Fun with Chinese Language and Culture."
2. We will have microphones, and there will be computer plug-ins for an LCD and a projector. Please bring your own USB drive if you require one.
3. The competition is in 2 parts:
i. Speech: up to 3 minutes - 80% of the total score. For ALL levels.
ii. Cultural Performance: up to 3 minutes - 20% of the total score, to be done by one or more of the team members for ALL levels. (Cultural demonstration or "talent" of any kind: dance, martial arts, humor, poetry recitation, skit, song, instrumental music, etc.)
4. The Applicants will be divided into the categories of "Heritage Speakers" and "Non-Heritage Speakers". The candidates could be divided into several groups depending on the total number of participants and the student's grade level.
5. The registration deadline is on May 20th, 2014.
6. Please fill out the application online at: PLEASE REGISTER HERE
If you have any questions, please call our office at (859) 257-4523, or send an email to our Activities Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.