Banner Link to UK International Center

UK Credit Earned Abroad

Students who take courses abroad that are taught by UK faculty members will earn academic credit and UK grades. Grades will be factored into a student's cumulative GPA. Almost all UK Sponsored programs and many CCSA programs offer UK-taught courses.

For most other program types, students will take courses offered by faculty members from the host institution or program. For course work not taught by UK faculty members, students will receive transfer credit, provided an accredited institution is controlling the course. Students enrolled in UK Consortia, UK Direct and UK Partner programs may be required to produce a School of Record transcript. Grades earned for academic transfer credit are not calculated into a students cumulative GPA.

All students should complete an Education Abroad Academic Approval Form (below) prior to studying abroad to determine academic equivalencies and credit transfer requirements.