Banner Link to UK Link to International Center

Emergency Contact Information

What to do in an emergency
In the event of an emergency while abroad, first contact the appropriate local authorities. Then, contact the program director or UK faculty member for guidance. If immediate contact with UK is needed, direct your call to the University of Kentucky Police, who will relay your call to the appropriate individuals in the International Center. Support with health-related emergencies can also be sought by contacting HTH Worldwide Insurance.

Consular personnel at U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad and in the U.S. are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide emergency assistance to U.S. citizens. Contact information for U.S. Embassies and Consulates appears on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website at Also note that the Office of Overseas Citizen Services in the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs may be reached for assistance with emergencies at 1-888-407-4747, if calling from the U.S. or Canada, or 202-501-4444, if calling from overseas.

Helpful phone numbers

University of Kentucky Police
Tel: (859) 257-8573

HTH Worldwide Insurance
Tel: (800) 257-4823 or (610) 254-8771, if outside the U.S.

AXA Security/Medical Assistance
Tel: 1-312-935-3542 (24h)

Main Office, Education Abroad at UK
Tel: (859) 257-4067

Ms. Miko McFarland, Acting Director, Education Abroad
Cell: (417) 337-1316

Note: Calls from abroad require that the U.S. country code be entered before the local area code. In most countries, the code is 001.For example, for the Education Abroad at UK's main office, dial 001-859-257-4067