Banner Link to UK International Center

Health & Safety

The International Center prioritizes the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and community members. Studying and traveling abroad requires many of the same health and safety precautions that one would take in the US. However, participants need to be aware of additional risks that may be unique to traveling abroad and living in a particular country or region.

All program participants will be enrolled in travel medical insurance for the duration of their time abroad and will receive an online pre-departure handbook outlining best practices for maintaining good health and safety. Additionally, all participants on credit-bearing programs will be required to attend an on-campus pre-departure orientation in which our professional staff will review topics related to health and safety.

The International Center monitors international security and maintains regular communication with in-country faculty leaders, partner institutions and providers. In the event of an emergency, UK Education Abroad can identify the location of all program participants and will initiate communication with the necessary parties immediately and take action as the situation warrants.