Banner Link to UK Link to International Center

Visiting and Transient Students

The University of Kentucky invites students from other US colleges and universities to participate on Education Abroad at UK programs. Prior to applying for an Education Abroad at UK program, non-UK students must first seek admission to the University of Kentucky as a “Visiting/Transient” student. Visiting/Transient students earn credit at UK for one term with the intention of transferring the academic credits back to their home institution.

More information about submitting a Visiting/Transient application can be found  here.

Visiting or transient students participating in and Education Abroad at UK program will be enrolled in ISP 599 (one credit hour) at UK during the academic term in which the education abroad program occurs. Visiting or transient students are eligible for education abroad scholarships via UK. Read more about EAP 599 here.

Students enrolled at Southeastern Conference (SEC) institutions are eligible to participate in Education Abroad at UK programs and pay in-state tuition. SEC students should contact their home institution education abroad office for more details.