Search and download software at UK Software Downloads or at OnTheHub.
Access select software on any personal device at MyVirtualDEN.
- Microsoft Office
- Employees and Students > visit office365.uky.edu to install Office on up to 5 devices!
- Antivirus: search for "Endpoint"
- VPN: Search for "AnyConnect"
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Students can redeem their license at On The Hub; Faculty and Staff can download from download.uky.edu
- SAP GUI: search for "SAP GUI"
To access all software available to you, you must log into the site with your link blue UserID and password.
Visit http://www.uky.edu/ukat/atg/supportedsoftware for more information regarding available software.
EndNote X7 online manual: http://endnote.com/if/online-user-manual/x7
Who is eligible? A campus-wide EndNote site license allows all current University of Kentucky faculty, students, and staff to download EndNote X7
EndNote is available for both OS X and Windows.
EndNote X8 Update: EndNote is now availabe on the UK Software Downloads site.
The X8 software can be downloaded by current UK faculty, students, and staff. Link Blue credentials are needed to access the Download site. After access, type “EndNote” in the main Search Software box. Both Windows and Mac platforms are available.
Most features are essentially unchanged between versions X7 and X8. The new X8 does allow for expanding sharing (up to 100 people) and has revised options for finding full-text. The two links below have some additional information on X8.
Suggestions for Installation:
- Back up any current EndNote libarries to a safe place, prior to installing X8
- Save any individually modified Styles, Filters, or Connections to a safe place, prior to install.
- Uninstall older versions of EndNote prior to installing X8
- Comply with UK licensing agreement, don't download multiple copies of X8
- An EndNote Online account is needed in order to hsare an EndNote library
- Login to https://download.uky.edu/ (Must have Link-Blue userid and password)
Important: If your Link-Blue account resides on the MC domain, you will need to add "MC\userid" when logging into the UK Download webpage.
- Search for "EndNote" in the search box.
- Click on "See Downloads"
- Click on the blue download link next to correct version of EndNote.
- Click run. Your system will warn you that the publisher of EndNote X7 can not be verified. Please click run a second time.
- EndNote X7 installer. Please click Next.
- Volume licensing, Please click accept
- Review "Read Me" and please click next
- Click to agree to licensing agreement.
- Select installation type (Typical)
- Select Destination; Please click next
- Ready to install; Please click next.
- If you have an Office programs like Word or Outlook open, you will need to close those program before clicking next.
- The installer will update your system.
- Successfully installed of EndNote X7.
Log in with email address (associated with your Qualtrics account) and password (this is not connected to your link blueaccount)
If you need an account, click the Set up Account tab
Does your Qualtrics account have these problems?
- You have only have the opportunity to submit one survey?
- You do not have “Distribution Survey Tab”
You most likely have a “self-enroll” account. You will need to obtain a code to upgrade your Qualtrics account. You will need complete Step 1 through Step 4 in the "Setting up a Qualtrics account" section.
- You will receive an email from [email@example.com].
- In the body of the email, you will be given a code.
- Return to https://uky.qualtrics.com/ and log into your Qualtrics account.
- Click on your name in the upper right-hand side. (See image below).
- Choose Account Settings.
- Choose “Upgrade account”.
- Enter the Qualtrics code and click “upgrade account”.
- This will change the status of your account from “Self-enrolled” to “UKY-standard”
- Login to https://download.uky.edu/ (Must have Link-Blue userid and password) Important: If your Link-Blue account resides on the MC domain, you will need to add "MC\userid" when logging into the UK Application Download webpage.
- Click the link to request a Qualtrics Account
- Complete and submit survey
- You will receive an email from [firstname.lastname@example.org] with full instructions for creating a Qualtrics account. Go to https://uky.qualtrics.com/ and click on “Please click here to create an account”
- Enter your email address and a new password. Click “Get Started” button
- Enter your first name, last name and phone number (optional). Click the “Finish” button
- Enter the code found in the Qualtrics email found in Step 5
- Verify your email address. You will receive an email from Qualtrics [email@example.com]. Click on the link in the email to verify your email address. If you didn't receive this email, you can click “Resend Verification Email."
- You will receive a"Successful User Activation" message. Then click "Click Here to Log in." This will take you to the Qualtrics login page. Log in with your email and new password.
- Click "Click here to login" to create your first survey!
On the Hub
On-Hub-Network Help Hotline: 1-888-396-1447
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Go to download.uky.edu
- Login to site using your Link Blue user id and password
- Select "OnTheHub" From the top navigation bar
- Select either Student or Faculty/Staff
- Select Microsoft product of interest or click on Adobe or More Software for additional discounted software.
- Select the Add To Cart beside the desired selection.
- Click on Check Out and follow the screen prompt for agreement and additional information for purchase.
- When the order is completed, the Receipt page is displayed. On the Receipt page, click the Start Download button.
- The Get your Software in 4 Easy Steps window is displayed. Follow these steps to install your software. Click on Help at the top of the page for additional information.
- The To access your product code click on "Your Account/Orders" at the top of the On-the-Hub webpage. Then choose view details next to the download product
Cisco AnyConnect Client
Please Note: The installation of the Cisco AnyConnect client does not uninstall any previous installations of other Cisco VPN Solutions. It is advised that you uninstall any older Cisco VPN client on your system prior to installing Cisco AnyConnect
After downloading the Cisco AnyConnect client from download.uky.edu, find the .exe file on your computer and run it, allowing the program to make changes to your computer.
- Click "yes"
- Installation will process and complete automatically
- After installation has terminated, go to the Start menu and find the client
- Open the client and click "Connect"
- Enter your link blue ID and password to log in
- You are now connected to the campus network using the Cisco AnyConnect client