Kentucky Department of Agriculture
The Kentucky Department of Agriculture is a consumer protection and service agency that affects the lives of all Kentuckians every day. The Kentucky Department of Agriculture administers Kentucky Proud, the state's official farm marketing program.
CLICK HERE to visit the KDA website
Kentucky Proud Program
Why buy KY Proud - Kentucky Proud stands for foods, nursery items, crafts, agritourism sites, farmers' markets, state parks, and many other products and destinations with roots in Kentucky soil. Kentucky Proud foods are raised, grown, or processed in Kentucky by Kentuckians. You can serve Kentucky Proud foods to your family with the confidence that they came from your friends and neighbors just down the road.
Why be KY Proud - Kentucky Proud is the official state marketing program for agricultural products. There is no charge to join. As a Kentucky Proud member, you can consult with Kentucky Department of Agriculture marketing specialists; apply for grants and cost share funds; buy promotional items at cost; display the Kentucky Proud logo; and take advantage of many more member benefits.
Find KY Proud - Kentucky Proud offers an interactive page to locate Kentucky Proud businesses and people. You can search by businesses, category and/or county allowing
Register to be a KY Proud Member Here
Additional Programs to consider:
- Appalachia Proud - Appalachia Proud is a trademarked brand in the Kentucky Proud family and cannot be copied or used without the express written consent of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
- Homegrown by Hero's - Homegrown by Hero's is a brand that identifies farm products produced by Kentucky farmer/veterans. Consumers can say "thank you" to our veterans by looking for products bearing the Homegrown By Heroes logo.
- Restaurant Rewards - Restaurant Rewards offers Kentucky restaurants and foodservices up to 20 percent back for the purchase of eligible Kentucky Proud products up to $12,000 in a 12-month period.
- Farm to School - The Kentucky Proud Farm to School Program helps Kentucky school food service directors locate and purchase local foods for their students to help them grow up to be healthy adults and teach them where their food comes from.
- Farm to Campus - The Kentucky Proud Farm to Campus program helps Kentucky colleges and universities locate and purchase farm-fresh foods for their foodservice systems and shelf-stable products for their campus bookstores.
- Livestock Tag Program - The Kentucky Proud Livestock Tag Program promotes animals that are born in Kentucky and enrolled in the program. Livestock exhibitors who show animals that are enrolled in the program are eligible for premiums.
CLICK HERE for a full list of KDA Programs
The mission of the Office of Agricultural Marketing is to assists farmers, agricultural businesses, and commodity groups in promoting and marketing their products by expanding existing markets and developing domestic and international markets for their goods and services.
Show and Fair Promotion
- Roger Snell - Office of Ag Marketing & Product Promotion
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (502)-782-4124
Division of Environmental Services - The Division of Environmental Services is responsible for regulating the registration, sale, distribution, proper use, storage, disposal, and application of pesticides in Kentucky.
Division of Food Distribution - The Division of Food Distribution contributes to the nutritional well being of the citizens of Kentucky by distributing USDA commodities to eligible recipient agencies. Food Distribution administers four food programs for USDA.
Division of Regulation & Inspection - The Division of Regulation and Inspection, through its wide range of regulatory duties, affects each and every Kentucky family on a daily basis. Field inspectors perform weights and measures, fuel quality, egg marketing, amusement ride and grain dealer inspections.
Division of Information Technology - The Division of Information Technology's mission is to provide technology systems and infrastructure which will enable KDA employees to perform their duties in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
Division of Personnel Budget - The Division of Personnel and Budget provides quality services to the employees of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture.
CLICK HERE for a full list of KDA Services
Additional KDA contacts information
- Angela Caporelli - Animal & Aquaculture Production
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (502)782-4104
- Josh Lindau - Ag Marketing & Agribusiness Recruitment
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (502)782-4115