Peer Instructor Criteria
We look for the following when selecting Peer Instructors:
- Students who have proven their ability to succeed academically at UK. A cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Students who are involved on campus in multiple student organizations and can share with new students the process of getting involved on campus.
- Students who are good role models from a social standpoint. We look for students who make good decisions in regards to consumption of alcohol.
- Students with personalities that can to connect with a variety of different types of students and have a desire to mentor new students.
- Students who are enthusiastic about the University of Kentucky and the UK 101/201 experience.
Faculty/Staff Instructor Criteria
Faculty or professional staff members may apply to teach UK 101 or UK 201; professional staff must have earned at least a master's degree to be eligible. All UK 101 and 201 instructors participate in a training in early May.
The Fall 2018 Application is now live, please complete the application at your earliest convenience. Instructors will be notified of their status by mid-April.