Get involved! The UK College of Nursing Alumni Association is a wonderful way for you to stay connected to the university and to the more than 5,000 alumni of the College of Nursing. As a graduate of the College, you are automatically a member!
The College of Nursing Alumni Association (CONAA) promotes the College’s best interests and welfare, works to fully acquaint the membership with the progress and needs of the College and encourages loyalty and closer bonds of fellowship among its alumni.
All profits from events hosted by the alumni association are used to support various programs and projects throughout the year such as:
- Annual awards for outstanding alumni, graduating seniors and graduate students. The Nightingale Award is given to an outstanding undergraduate; the President's Award goes to a graduate of the master's program; the Sebastian/Stanhope Award is presented to a DNP graduate; and the Carolyn Williams Award goes to a graduate of the PhD Program.
- Homecoming/reunion activities
- Graduation gifts for seniors
- Networking opportunities for alumni
- Mentoring programs that allow students to meet one-on-one or in small groups with alumni to learn more about their careers or projects they are participating in as nurses. These talks are always interesting and help students explore career choices.
We hope you will consider making a gift to the CONAA Boomerang Society or attending one of our many events. Your participation and gifts provide support for student scholarships and allow us to host future alumni social and networking events. Alumni participation matters, and you will also be assisting the College in maintaining our high national ranking — now tied for 21st in the nation (U.S.News & World Report, 2012 edition of America's Best Graduate Schools). Visit our website or Facebook page to look for information about upcoming events or find the information in the College’s two annual alumni magazines (also available on our website).
If you have questions, suggestions or need additional information, contact Aimee' Baston, director of alumni and development, at Aimee Baston or (859) 323-6635.