Non-UK Students

We do have several students from surrounding institutions such as Transylvania University (Transy), Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC),  ITT Technical Institute, Spencerian College, Strayer University, Midway University, and Georgetown College that have used our site to find housing and roommates. Anyone is welcome to search our site and to register on the Housing Locator. All non-UK community members will need to sign-up with a guest account.

How do I find a Roommate?
You can use the OCSS Housing Locator to find roommates, housing, and post a sublet. You can go to our "Roommate Finder" tab for additional instructions. 

Financial Aid:
You can visit the OCSS Know Your Budget page to learn more about finaces and renting.  

As a BCTC student, can I still get a UK Dining Meal Plan or UK Dining Flex Dollars if I do not live on-campus or attend UK?
The answer is yes, you will need to go to UK Dining.  Commuters and residents in the surrounding apartments are offered the same meal plans as students living on-campus and one additional Flex Dollar only plan.
You will have to verify that you are a student taking classes at BCTC in order to make a purchase.
-Do note that the UK Dining Plans are paid to UK Dining and not to BCTC.

How do I get around the city without a car?

  • Route 14/Blue services the University of Kentucky campus, Commonwealth Stadium, Greg Page Student Apartments, and UK Medical Center.  
  • Route 15/Red services apartment complexes on Red Mile Road and Angliana Avenue, including 524/525 Angliana, Campus Court, The Lex, The Wyatt, University Trails, Royal Lex, Newtown Townhomes, Newtown Apartments, and Red Mile Village.  Trips on this route are $1, or 80 cents with a student ID. 
  • Class passes can be purchased online, at the Lextran Transit Center, the Lextran Administrative Offices, BCTC-Cooper Campus Bookstore, or UK Parking Structures #5 and #6.
    • Fare Structure
      • Class Pass by Semester* Valid for any student attending a school in Fayette County for unlimited rides for one semester (spring or fall). Valid student ID required.$50.00
      • Class Pass (Yearly)* Valid for any student attending a school in Fayette County for unlimited rides for one school year (August-May). Valid student ID required.$75.00