Article VIII: Advisers
ARTICLE VIII: ADVISERS
SECTION 1: Appointment of Adviser(s)
- Off-Campus Student Services shall appoint the Adviser(s) with all rights, responsibilities, and privileges associated with that capacity. At any time that the GA is not in session, the Adviser(s) shall be granted the power to execute the constitution of the OCSA in consultation with the EB.
SECTION 2: The duties of the Adviser(s)
- Uphold and know all aspects of the OCSA Constitution and By-Laws.
- At least one Adviser MUST be in attendance at all GA, events, and meetings.
- Is responsible for overseeing safety and completion of all meetings, programs, retreats, and election processes.
- Be familiar with the financial regulations and procedures of the University of Kentucky, Off-Campus Student Services and The Office of Student Involvement.
- Be familiar with the travel regulations and procedures of the University of Kentucky, Off-Campus Student Services and The Office of Student Involvement.
- Handle all maintenance for the office.
- Review and know all OCSA Vendor contracts.
- Assist and guide all OCSA members.
- Meet one-on-one with all OCSA executive officers monthly.
SECTION 3: Powers of the Adviser(s)
- All Adviser positions serve in an advisory capacity only and have no legislative, executive, or judicial powers although all persons in an Adviser position shall have the right to table or suspend an action if the situation is called for.
- In the event that any student holding any official position does not meet the University of Kentucky’s academic or disciplinary policies the Adviser has the right to place that officer in probationary status, without automatic dismissal, with consultation of the Office of Off-Campus Student Services Director.