Academic Leadership Academy
The Academic Leadership Academy is a project of the Bluegrass Higher Education Consortium (BHEC), a consortium of the 12 colleges and universities in the central Kentucky Region. The purpose of the ALA is to encourage faculty to consider leadership career paths and to provide guidance in developing the skill set necessary for effective institutional leadership. Successful applicants will have demonstrated academic leadership potential and should have interest in pursuing academic leadership roles, but applicants need not to have already provided University service as chair, director, or in senior college - or University - level positions to qualify for this program.
Bluegrass Academic Leadership Academy Education Day
Developed by the Bluegrass Higher Education Consortium Academic Leadership Academy Committee in cooperation with Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges & Universities (AIKU), alumni of the first three years of the Bluegrass Higher Education Consortium Academic Leadership Academy (BHEC ALA), and Emerging Leaders in Higher Education in the Bluegrass Region were invited to learn and discuss the most important education issues and pending legislation with House and Senate leadership. The General Assembly was held Febuary 14, 2017. UK had five (5) former ALA Fellows participate in the Frankfort Day.
- Sarah Kercsmar - College of Communications & Information, Instructional Communication & Research
- Steve Testa - College of Arts & Sciences, Psychology
- Scarlet Wesley - College of Agriculture, Food & Environment, Director of Graduate Studies
- Greg Luhan - College of Design, School of Architecture
- Huajing Maske - International Center, Executive Director