Disability Accommodations

If a student with a documented disability requires academic modifications or accommodation for your course, the student must provide the instructor with a Letter of Accommodation from the UK Disability Resource Center (DRC). The student may visit the DRC website for information on how to register for services as a student with a disability.  The student may also contact David T. Beach via email at dtbeac1@uky.edu or by telephone 859-257-2754.

If a student is denied accommodations authorized by the DRC or is treated unfairly by an instructor because of the accommodations, please contact Academic Ombud Services to discuss the situation.

All university instructors are required to make reasonable accommodations for physical and/or learning disabilities that could inhibit student academic success. The Disability Resource Center certifies the need for and specifies the accommodations needed on a student-by-student basis. Faculty should request this certification (Letter of Accommodation) from students; however, refrain from asking questions regarding the reason justifying such accommodations. A statement similar to the following placed in the syllabus could benefit students who might have special needs:

     Any student with a disability who is taking this course and needs classroom or exam accommodations should contact the Disability Resource Center, 257-2754, Suite 407, Multidisciplinary Science Building, 725 Rose Street, dtbeac1@uky.edu.