Grievance Procedures

Occasionally, students come to our office with concerns about a specific instructor. These complaints range from unfair grading practices to perceived favoritism or fear of retaliation. If a student has attempted to resolve an issue with the Course Instructor and Chair of the Department, or is unsure how to approach the Instructor or Chair, please feel free to contact Academic Ombud Services for a confidential discussion about the situation.

Academic Ombud Services is confidential and not an office of report. To file a formal complaint, students need to submit the complaint in writing to the Chair of the Department or the Office of the Dean. Academic Ombud Services will help students find the appropriate contact information.