July 2013 – In the weeks ahead, the University will begin introducing enhancements to the annual staff performance evaluation process. These changes will affect staff evaluations University-wide for the current review period.
- For campus staff, this change will apply to evaluations for the current calendar-year review period (which ends December 31, 2013).
- For UK HealthCare staff, the enhanced evaluation will apply to the current 2013-14 fiscal review period, which began July 1, 2013 and ends June 30, 2014.
Upcoming changes reflect recommendations from a performance evaluation task force appointed by President Capilouto earlier this year. The task force’s overarching recommendations included:
- expanding ongoing employee-supervisor communications,
- reinforcing and supporting those behaviors and competencies that support and fulfill the University’s values and mission.
- launching an online solution that advances these goals while also providing a platform for individual goal-setting, development and feedback.
This site provides further background detail on how the enhanced performance evaluation will affect you. We appreciate your support for this initiative.