Required Position Review Process for Campus Supervisors (New PE Implementation)
Updates/Corrections Due November 27, 2013
The new online SuccessFactors performance evaluation (PE) system is now available for supervisors and will be announced to all staff in approximately two weeks. To ensure a successful implementation of the new PE process we are asking you as a supervisor to verify the accuracy of the information for your direct reports and to request updates as needed.
1) Review position descriptions/major job responsibilities of staff you supervise:
Supervisors should access the online PE system through myUK Manager Self-Service.
2) Update incorrect or out-of-date information you find in the new PE system:
Because annual performance evaluations will be based on the job descriptions (Major Job Responsibilities, Essential Functions) you see in the SuccessFactors Performance Evaluation system, it is important that this information be up-to-date and accurate.
- If the job description accurately reflects each employee's job duties, no further action is necessary on your part at this time.
- If the information on file appears inaccurate or out-of-date, please consult with the budget or business officer for your area. If you're not sure who this is, find your area business officer on this list. For each position that needs updating, please provide your business officer with the position number and inform him or her which of the following most accurately describes the updates you are requesting:
- Greater than 50% change in duties: If needed updates represent a fifty percent or greater change in the essential job functions, your business officer may need to request a position re-evaluation on your behalf.
- Less than 50% change in duties: If the updates to be made represent less than a fifty percent change in essential job functions, a re-evaluation is typically not necessary.
If changes are needed, your business officer may contact Sharon Welch, Assistant Manager of UK Compensation, to request an editable copy of each position description that needs to be updated. Please inform your business officer of needed updates as soon as possible to ensure change requests are returned to Sharon no later than October 18.
- If you find that reporting relationships need to be updated (for example, if the list of team members you supervise is incomplete or incorrect), please contact SAP HR support group at SAPHRSupport@uky.edu.
We appreciate your involvement in this review process. Your participation will help ensure a timely and effective system-wide introduction of the new online Performance Evaluation.