K-9 Unit

Flex Platoon Unit

Motor Unit

Honor Guard

Dignitary Protection Team

Police Communication Officers

Frequently Asked Questions

If I see a crime committed, what should I do?

Contact police immediately at 911 or 859-218-8573. You can also call or text UKPD via the LiveSafe app anonymously.

What happens if I call 911 from campus?

From campus phones, 911 calls go directly to the UK Police Dispatch Center. A dispatcher will ask you a number of questions. Stay on the line and answer all questions to the best of your ability. This does not prevent them from dispatching responders.

If you call 911 from a cell phone, the call will be directed to the Lexington Fayette Urban County 911 Call Center. Immediately tell the dispatcher that you are calling from the University of Kentucky and provide them with the street address or exact location from which you are calling.

For non-emergency calls, you can contact UK Police at (859) 257-1616 from a cell phone and be directly linked to the UK Police Dispatch Center.

How do I obtain the latest Crime Bulletin?

The most recent Crime Bulletin can be found here


How do I submit an Open Records Request?

Given that University of Kentucky is a state agency, all records pertaining to UK are classified as "public records," and thus are subject to inspection pursuant to the terms of the Open Records Act unless a specific exemption in the Act applies. The provisions of the Act are contained in KRS 61.870 to 61.884

Please visit the Office of Legal Counsel Open Records guidelines for further information.

How do I obtain a Collision Report?

Information regarding obtaining a collision report can be found here.

How do I obtain a new Wildcard ID?

The WildCard ID office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:15pm at the Student Center, 160 Avenue of Champions on the third floor, 380

Bring a Government issued photo ID (DL, State ID, Passport, or Military ID)


  • First or replacement IDs: $17.00
  • Lost IDs: $32.00
  • Cash, check, Plus Account, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover


  • (859) 257-1378


How can I sign up for a Ride Along?

Participants must be at least 18 years of age and successfully pass a background check. Please complete a Ride Along Request Form and you will be contacted shortly.

How do I request a K-9 demo?

If you are interested in having one of our explosive-detection or narcotics K-9 at your event, please contact Officer Johnson.

If you are interested in having a visit from our therapy dog Ollie, please contact Officer Boatman.

Upcoming Events

LGBTQ* STARR Training- 3 day course



Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Bill Gatton Student Center, Alumni Gym


Taught over the course of 3 consecutive evenings for three hours. Participants must be able to attend each session from 6-9 pm from January 23rd - January 25th.


A free... read more

Active Shooter Preparedness



Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Bill Gatton Science Center, Meeting Room 331


The Federal Bureau of Investigation recorded 220 active shooter incidents between 2000 and 2016 in the United States. Sadly, that number has grown exponentially to 346 mass shootings in... read more