University of Kentucky Associate Provost for Student and Academic Life
The Office of the Provost at the University of Kentucky is seeking an Associate Provost for Student and Academic Life (SAL). This is a senior-level position that reports directly to the Provost and is the focal point for the University’s effort to align student life with academic success. The Associate Provost for SAL will support the goals of the University through vision and direction of the SAL unit, while also serving as chief advisor to the Provost in recommending new university-wide initiatives and special programs that provide the right scaffolding and services to help students be academically and socially successful at the undergraduate level. This individual will collaborate with the Provost, deans, and other campus leaders to develop and execute plans and goals for SAL and lead coordination of policies and programs across the spectrum of student services that are grounded in the most up-to-date literature in order to have the greatest impact on the university’s co-curricular and curricular goals, including but not limited to increasing retention, persistence, and graduation rates.
The search committee has selected four finalists, each of whom visited the UK campus and participated in open forums and met with constituent groups in the UK community. Names and CVs for each of these individuals were posted 48 business hours in advance of their forums. The UK community provided feedback to the search committee.
- David Sogin, co-chair, Interim Dean, College of Fine Arts
- Kirsten Turner, co-chair, Associate Provost for Academic Excellence Operations
- Felito Aldarondo, Office of Health & Wellness, Counseling Center
- Trisha Clement-Montgomery, Office of Student Academic Success, Residence Life
- Savon Gray, Student Representative
- Tiera Mason, Student Representative
- Katherine McCormick, Office of Academic Enhancement, Student & Academic Life
- Melody Noland, Faculty Representative, College of Education
- Lance Poston, LGBTQ* Resources, Office of Institutional Diversity
- Rowan Reid, President, Student Government Association
- Chandler Smith, Student Representative
- Therese Smith, Office of the Dean of Students, Student & Academic Life
- Stacy Vincent, Faculty Representative, College of Agriculture, Food, & Environment
As with all searches, feedback and input from the UK community is invaluable to this process. If you have any questions or would like to provide comments on the qualities of the candidates, contact the search committee at APSALsearch@uky.edu.