Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a copy of my transcript?
Transcripts may be ordered and sent electronically. The cost of each transcript is $10. To learn more or to place an order, please visit
How do I change my major?
Currently enrolled students who wish to change their major should consult with the student services Office in the college they wish to enter to inquire about the major change process. The major sheets for each undergraduate degree program can be found at
When/how can I drop or add a class?
Add/drop is available to all enrolled students via myUK. Click on the Registration tab to view your specific add/drop windows. You may also view the full academic calendar at
Can I take a class at another institution?
UK students who wish to take a course at another institution to fulfill UK degree requirements should consult with their academic advisor to ensure that the coursework will transfer and will be counted toward degree requirements. The UK Transfer Center can also provide information about course transferability. Contact the Transfer Center at 859-218-1724 or stop by 11 Funkhouser Building.
Will you accept my transfer courses?
The University of Kentucky accepts transfer credit from other regionally accredited institutions based on our Transfer of Credit Policies. UK students should consult with their academic advisor before enrolling in course work outside of the University of Kentucky. The UK Transfer Center can also provide information about course transferability. Contact the Transfer Center at 859-218-1724 or stop by 11 Funkhouser Building.
How will I know if classes are cancelled for emergencies such as inclement weather?
All currently enrolled UK students will be informed of emergency situations including class cancellation by the university’s emergency notification system, UK Alert. Information may also be found on the UK home page at as well as on local television stations. Learn more about UK Alert by visiting
Is the University of Kentucky accredited?
The University of Kentucky is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Kentucky.
Do you have tutoring available?
The University of Kentucky Office of Academic Enhancement provides peer tutoring free of charge. The Peer Tutoring Program offers proactive assistance. The goal is to enhance students’ academic experience as early and as often as possible. Peer tutors are undergraduate students who are trained and have taken the courses they are tutoring. All tutoring is done on a walk-in basis, so students are welcome to come in (and even bring their study groups) anytime tutoring is available. Learn more by visiting
When is registration?
Registration dates are listed in the official academic calendar at
What happens during registration?
New undergraduate students will attend an advising conference for their first semester of registration. During the conference, students will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. Continuing students register through myUK as assigned during priority registration.