Dean, UK Libraries
The University of Kentucky is conducting a national search for a transformative leader to serve as Dean of Libraries. With one of the nation’s largest book endowments for public university libraries, UK Libraries plays a vital role in supporting student success, as well as enhancing the intellectual and economic capital – both on campus and beyond. The Dean will lead with passion, creativity and excellence to cultivate an interactive environment for interdisciplinary discovery and research, while transforming our libraries into hubs of life-long learning. This position will work collaboratively with library and academic leadership, to direct the college and support the goals of Kentucky’s flagship, land-grant University’s strategic plan.
Feedback and input from members of the college is invaluable to this process. If you have any questions or would like to provide comments, feel free to contact the search committee members:
- Kathi Kern, Associate Provost for Learning, Teaching, and Academic Innovation, co-chair
- Mark Kornbluh, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, co-chair
- Jennifer Bartlett, UK Libraries
- Jennifer Bird-Pollen, College of Law, Chair, UK Senate Council
- Rick Brewer, UK Libraries
- Carla Cantagallo, UK Libraries
- MiKayla Carter, UK student
- Jeff Clymer, UK College of Arts and Sciences
- Sarah Dorpinghaus, UK Libraries
- Stacey Greenwell, UK Libraries
- Adrian Ho, UK Libraries
- Gail Hoyt, UK Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Julene Jones, UK Libraries
- Daniel King, UK Office of Philanthropy
- Shawn Livingston, UK Libraries
- Jen Martin, UK Libraries
- Bill Miles, Community member
- Megan Mummey, UK Libraries
- Gerald Smith, UK College of Arts and Sciences
In partnership with the search committee, the search firm will develop a detailed position description and college prospectus to attract outstanding candidates. Once developed, this leadership profile will be posted on this search webpage.
For further information about the search process or to nominate a potential candidate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your insights, and we will continue to share updates throughout the process.