Gatton College of Business and Economics Dean Search
The University of Kentucky is conducting a national search for a dynamic leader to propel the Gatton College of Business and Economics to the next level of excellence. Leading with passion and creativity, this new Dean will cultivate innovation in education and research to build upon the college's extensive growth. Partnering with college and university leadership, the Dean will formulate and implement strategies to promote cutting-edge research that will contribute to a global society and will prepare students to be thriving professionals who are sought after by the world’s top organizations.
Heidrick & Struggles, a worldwide executive search firm specializing in chief executive and senior level assignments, and with extensive experience in business dean searches, has been selected as the executive search firm for the Gatton College of Business and Economics dean search.
The search committee has identified four candidates who will visit campus, meet with constituent groups in the UK community, and participate in open forums. Candidates' names and CVs will be posted 24 business hours in advance of their forum. Community members can provide anonymous feedback through this website.
Kenneth Boyer Open Forum: April 23, at 4:30 p.m., in Kincaid Auditorium, Room 111, Gatton Building
Candidate B Open Forum: April 26, at 4 p.m., in Woodward Hall, Room 307, Gatton Building
Candidate C Open Forum: April 30, at 4 p.m., in Kincaid Auditorium, Room 111, Gatton Building
Candidate D Open Forum: May 2, at 4 p.m., in Woodward Hall, Room 307, Gatton Building
Your feedback and input is invaluable to this process. If you have any questions or would like to provide comments, feel free to contact the search committee members:
- Robert DiPaola, Dean, College of Medicine, co-chair
- Sonja Feist-Price, Vice President for Institutional Diversity, co-chair
- Leonce Bargeron, Assistant Professor, Finance and Quantitative Methods
- Andrea Bomkamp, Student Representative, Gatton Ambassador
- Steve Borgatti, Professor, Management
- Greg Casey, Interim Senior Director, Development
- Monika Causholli, Associate Professor, Von Allmen School of Accountancy
- Chris Clifford, Associate Professor, Finance and Quantitative Methods
- David Hardesty, Professor, Marketing and Supply Chain
- Ana Maria Herrera, Professor, Economics
- Meg Marquis, Assistant Dean, Gatton Undergraduate Resource Center
- Kathy McMullen, Alumnus
- Lorna Patches, Director, Don and Cathy Jacobs Executive Education Center
- Darshak Patel, Lecturer, Economics
- Melynda Price, Professor, College of Law
- Ron Robinson, Alumnus, Deans Advisory Council
- Haoying Sun, Assistant Professor, Marketing and Supply Chain
- Leslie Vincent, Lecturer, Marketing and Supply Chain
- David Ziebart, Professor, Von Allmen School of Accountancy
For further information about the search process or to nominate a potential candidate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your insights, and we will continue to share updates throughout the process.