College of Engineering Dean Search
The University of Kentucky is conducting a national search for a dynamic leader to propel the College of Engineering to the next level of excellence. Leading with passion and creativity, this new Dean will cultivate innovation in education and research to build upon our extensive growth. Partnering with college and university leadership, the Dean will formulate and implement strategies to promote cutting-edge research that will contribute to a global society and will prepare our students to be thriving engineers who are sought after by the world’s top organizations.
The search committee has selected four finalists who visited campus, participated in open forums, and met with constituent groups in the UK community.
Dr. Ranu Jung Open Forum: Wednesday, Feb. 28
Dr. Costas Tsatsoulis Open Forum: Thursday, March 1
Dr. Rudolph Buchheit Open Forum: Monday, March 5
Dr. Luis Garcia Open Forum: Tuesday, March 20
Your feedback and input is invaluable to this process. If you have any questions or would like to provide comments, feel free to contact the search committee members:
- Kim Anderson, Associate Dean of Academics, College of Engineering, Co-Chair
- Janie Heath, Dean, College of Nursing, Co-Chair
- John Balk, Dept. of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Sebastian Bryson, Dept. of Civil Engineering
- Tony Colella, College of Engineering
- Joe Crabtree, Kentucky Transportation Center
- Sonja Feist-Price, Vice President for Institutional Diversity
- Janet Lumpp, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Margaret Mohr-Schroeder, College of Education, Dept. of STEM Education
- Landon Mott, PhD Student in Chemical Engineering
- Tom Novak, Dept. of Mining Engineering
- David Pienkowski, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
- Stan Pigman, Community Representative
- Michael Sama, Dept. of Biosystems Engineering
- Scott Stephens, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- Mirek Truszczynski, Dept. of Computer Science
- Ben Wells, Student Representative
This search is being supported by UK’s Executive Search Team. For further information about the search process or to nominate a potential candidate, please contact Mary Beth Bracken at 859-257-3348 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your insights, and we will continue to share updates throughout the process.