The UK Bicycle Advisory Committee
The goal of the BAC is to cultivate a bicycle-friendly campus by educating its community about safe bicycling practices and improving bicycle facilities on campus.
The Bicycle Advisory Committee was reorganized in 2011 following a funding agreement between the Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration (EVPFA), the Vice President for Facilities Management, and Parking and Transportation Services (PTS). The funding shall be exclusively designated for bicycle infrastructure improvements and other bicycle initiatives focused on training, assisting, enhancing, and increasing bicycle usage at the University. Many of the projects the BAC selects will be derived from the UK Bicycle Plan, but other initiatives are also being considered.
Bicycle Facilities Map
Bicycle Facilities Map (PDF Format)
- Bicycle e-News Email Newsletter
- Campus bicycle resources listed in handbooks
- K Week 2013 events (Campus Ruckus, Pedalpalooza)
- Publications: Bicycling Basics (PDF), Cold Weather Cycling Tips (PDF)
To suggest an education initiative, please email us at UKBikes@lsv.uky.edu.
- Annual refresh of all existing bike lane stripes
- Arboretum Trail
- Bike Parking: Ag North, Central I and II, Gillis Building, Morgan Biology
- Bridge to Baptist Health
- Connection from Blue Lot to University Drive
- Cooper Drive
- Hilltop/Rose Street connection
- Installation of new shared sidewalks
- Red Mile Road
- Removal of "No Biking" emblems near W.T. Young Library
- Rose Street (Rose Lane to Euclid)
- Sharrows on adjacent city streets
- University Drive (End of boulevard to Alumni)
- Woodland Avenue (Columbia to Euclid)
To suggest a facilities project, please email us at UKBikes@lsv.uky.edu.