April 6, 2011
Earth Days in the Bluegrass Offers Events for Cyclists
April is Earth Month, which means another year of Earth Days in the Bluegrass (EDBG) on campus! The month long celebration promotes sustainability, responsible global citizenship and the power of local action. EDBG – coordinated by The Office of Sustainability and UK Student Sustainability Council – features several events focused on bicycles and alternative transportation.
- Wednesday, April 6: ALL ABOARD! Commuter rail coming to Central KY? 7 p.m. 249 Student Center
- Wednesday, April 6: Lecture: Dan Austin, Founder of 88 Bikes, 7:30 p.m., Worsham Theatre
- Saturday, April 9: Pedalpalooza, 12-6 p.m., Large Student Center Parking Lot. Join us for all varieties of bicycling fun, including bicycling games, bicycling information and even free music and food!
- Saturday, April 23: Bike the Legacy Trail, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Ride departs from Wildcat Wheel Bike Library, in Blazer Hall.
- Thursday, April 28: Ride your bike to an outdoor movie at the UK Arboretum amphitheater, 8:30 p.m.
For more information on these and other Earth Days in the Bluegrass events, visit www.edbg.org.
UK Parking & Transportation Services is now on Twitter! To follow news on parking and transportation issues on campus, including bikes, go to http://twitter.com/UKParking.