August 27, 2013
Campus Bus Routes Start Fall Semester Service Tomorrow
Campus bus routes will resume regular academic year service beginning Wednesday, August 28. This includes the Red, Blue and Yellow CATS bus routes, as well as campus Lextran service.
The CATS On-Demand bus service has already resumed its regular academic year schedule. Call (859) 221-RIDE to make a pick-up request.
All CATS buses and campus Lextran buses are free to ride.
For the most up-to-date information, riders can view the actual location of all CATS buses on all routes by using Cat Tracker, a real-time GPS-based bus locating system. Visit http://uky.transloc.com. You can also track the buses via the free Transloc iPhone, Android and BlackBerry apps, by using your smart phone to scan the QR codes found on each bus stop sign or by using the SMS codes found at each bus stop.
More information about all the bus routes, including maps and schedule, can be found at www.uky.edu/pts/buses-and-shuttles_campus-shuttles.
Not sure how to ride the campus buses? Parking and Transportation Services has some tips for new riders or for those who may need a refresher.
- Buses are only permitted to stop at designated bus stops. Do not attempt to flag down the bus at other locations.
- Look for the route name displayed on the front of the bus.
- Wait to board until riders have finished exiting the bus.
- About two blocks before your destination, pull the cord above the window or say “Next Stop” to alert the driver. Allow the bus to come to a complete stop before you stand to exit. Exit at the rear when possible.
- If you have any questions about your trip, ask the driver.
Members of the campus community are encouraged to tune into 1700 AM (WQKH 253) to hear campus parking and transportation information. The station broadcasts 24 hours, 7 days a week.