Skip to Content

UK Student Permit Fees & Options

Fee schedule and parking permit options for University of Kentucky students

Fee Schedule for 2016-2017 Academic Year

Permit Type Cost Per Year
Commuter (C) $296.00
Residential (R) $296.00
Periphery (K)* $272.00
ADA Accessible $296.00
Periphery (K) ADA Accessible $272.00
Off-Peak (Evening)* $148.00
Motorcycle/Moped** $88.00
Donovan Scholar $296.00
Limited $56.00

  * Single semester permits are available.
** Students who require a motorcycle permit in addition to their vehicle permit should contact PTS directly after
      purchasing their permit. Motorcycle/moped permits may be purchased separately at the monthly rate of $11.

Commuter Permit Options by Parking Lot

Must have at least 60 earned credit hours and live at least one (1) mile from campus.
CK University Drive South of E. S. Good Barn (Medical and Dental students only)
C5 South Limestone Garage (PS #5)
C7 Taylor Dickey Lot, Scott Street Lot and Reynolds Lot

Resident Permit Options by Parking Lot

Must have a UK on-campus residence hall contract (Housing assignment will dictate eligibility for parking area).
R5 Sorority Row (assigned by Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Office)
R6 Seminary Townhouses
R7 Kirwan-Blanding Complex -- Kirwan III-IV, Smith Hall, Baldwin Hall, Ingels Hall; Woodland Glen I-V, and Haggin Hall
R8 Commonwealth Village, Greg Page Apartments, Shawneetown Apartments
R10 Haggin Hall, Johnson Hall, Central II
R11 Sorority Row (assigned by Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Office)
R12 Farmhouse, Alice Lloyd Caney Cottage, SAE, Sorority Row (assigned by Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Office)
R14 SAE House lot on Rose Lane (assigned by Fraternity & Sorority Affairs Office)
R16 Seminary Apartments
R17 Wildcat Coal Lodge
R18 German House

Other Options

Students not eligible for other permits or students only needing limited parking.
K Commonwealth Stadium "K" areas; Champions Court I & II, Roselle, Limestone Park I & II
Off-Peak (map) Designated lots after 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Limited University Drive Garage (PS #1), across University Drive from Seaton/Johnson Center, from 5:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and after 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday

K Lots at Commonwealth Stadium

All C and R permits are also valid in the K Lots at Commonwealth Stadium. Vehicles must be relocated on days of home football games. Visit the Football Game Day Parking page for more information and a map.

Motorcycle/Moped Parking

If you drive a motorcycle/moped to campus, you must obtain and display a motorcycle/moped permit. Motorcycle/moped parking is limited to spaces with green lines or "motorcycle only" parking signs; mopeds may also use one of the designated moped racks. For a map of motorcycle/moped spaces, please go to the parking maps page.