Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:00am to 3:00pm
Location: Student Center Ballroom
Education Abroad (EA) will hold its annual Fall Fair on Wednesday, September 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.
From A to Z, the Education Abroad Fair showcases every international education opportunity available at the University of Kentucky. Students will find a range of options, including study, intern, research, teach, and service abroad programs. In addition, campus offices involved in the education abroad planning process, such as Financial Aid, the Stuckert Career Center, the UK WildCard ID Center and others, will be available to answer questions.
“To meet the diverse academic needs of UK's study body, we have hundreds of programs, each with unique offerings. So saying ‘We have a lot of choices’ is a bit of an understatement,” explains Seth Riker, Education Abroad Promotion and Outreach Coordinator. “There's a lot going on at the Fair. It’s easy for students to get overwhelmed if they don’t know what they’re looking for.”
Before attending the Fair, it’s highly recommended that students attend a First Step Information Session and browse program options on the EA website. Riker also suggests that students examine their Major Advising Page. “If students do a little research, they can come to the Fair with purpose and with questions in mind,” says Riker. “After all, it’s rare for so many resources to be in one room, so students should make the most of it.”
During the Fair, students are encouraged to visit these sponsors:
- The Education Abroad Network (TEAN): $1,000 scholarships offered to UK students for Bluegrass Downunder programs. Other general scholarships available through TEAN.
- Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI): Automatic $1,000 scholarship awarded to UK students on semester and academic year KEI programs.
- IES Abroad: Automatic $1,500 scholarship awarded to UK students on semester and academic year IES programs. Other general scholarships available through IES Abroad.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA): Scholarships available to UK students in Hispanic Studies and International Studies. Other general scholarships available through ISA.
- Sol Education Abroad: Automatic $100 scholarship awarded to UK students on all Sol programs. Scholarships also available to UK students in Hispanic Studies. Awards vary on term.
- Semester at Sea: General Scholarships available through Semester at Sea.
Faculty and advisors are also encouraged to attend the Education Abroad Fair. Questions regarding the Fair may be directed to Education Abroad Promotion and Outreach Coordinator, Seth Riker.