Mr. Tom Kmetz, Division President, Norton Healthcare Women’s and Children’s Services and President of Norton Kosair Children’s Hospital, was acknowledged recently with a Recognition of Appreciation for his outstanding service as the inaugural chair of the Master of Health Administration Boards of Advisors. Noted in a beautifully framed resolution was Mr. Kmetz’s:
- valuable leadership in defining MHA program competencies which were a critical element of the successful seven-year (maximum length) Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education accreditation decision;
- his leadership in engaging the Board of Advisors throughout the CAHME site visit,
- his guidance in establishing a Board Task Force to identify priorities for MHA program support which resulted in fellowships and scholarships endorsed as key initiatives;
- his serving as an advocate of the UK MHA program in the establishment of the Norton Scholarship program for outstanding MHA students and the establishment of the endowed Norton Professorship in Healthcare Leadership; and
- his example as the type of servant leader that healthcare administration students and healthcare administrators alike seek to emulate.
Tom served a two-year term as the Founding Chair of the MHA Board of Advisors. His service was recognized at the Board of Advisors meeting in September by Mr. Tim Putnam, incoming chair of the Board of Advisors. Mr. Putnam is President/CEO of Margaret Mary Health in Batesville, Indiana.