Students applying to the Doctor of Philiosphy in Epidemiology and Biostatistics must apply through the Centralized Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), as well as apply to the University of Kentucky Graduate School.
The Admissions Committee requires a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75, and a minimum graduate GPA of 3.0. Official GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores must show verbal and quantitative scores at the 50th percentile or better.
Applications are due to SOPHAS by February 1
When applying you will need to submit:
- A personal statement
- Official GRE, GMAT, or MCAT scores
- Scores are waived for applicants who have completed any of the following degrees earned from a U.S. institution – Ph.D, MD, D.M.D., DDS, PharmD, DVM, DO, DNP, DSc.
- Official TOEFL scores must be submitted by international students from non-native English speaking countries.
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by WES
- Contact info for 3 recommenders
You will also need to apply to the University of Kentucky Graduate School - by February 1
All information received from your SOPHAS application is sent to the Graduate School from the College of Public Health. When completing your application for the Graduate School, you can upload the documents you used for your SOPHAS application, or you can submit blank sheets of paper.
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 218-2096.