To be eligible for admission to the DrPH an applicant must have a Master of Public Health, a Master of Science in Public Health, or an equivalent degree. Examples of equivalent degrees are programs related to public health, such as the Master of Arts in Communications, Master of Health Administration or the Master of Science in Nursing. Other Master’s degrees may be appropriate, and inquiries should be directed to the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs. All applicants must have coursework equivalent to the five core courses in the MPH curriculum. Those applications not meeting the preparation requirements will be evaluated on an individual basis. A minimum of three years of significant public health or other appropriate work experience is strongly recommended.
Students applying to the Doctor of Public Health must apply through the Centralized Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS).
Applications are due to SOPHAS by April 1
When applying you will need to submit:
- A personal statement
- Official GRE, GMAT, or MCAT scores
- Scores are waived for applicants who have completed any of the following degrees earned from a U.S. institution – Ph.D, MD, D.M.D., DDS, PharmD, DVM, DO, DNP, DSc.
- Official TOEFL scores must be submitted by international students from non-native English speaking countries.
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by WES
- Contact info for 3 recommenders
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs at email@example.com or (859) 218-2096.