DrPH curriculum is minimum 63 Semester Hours.
- Fifteen semester hours of required course work in the core curriculum, which consists of an advanced course in each of the five core public health areas of concentration (i.e., Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Behavior, Health Services Management, and Environmental Health).
- Six hours of second level advanced courses in the student's area of concentration and biostatistics.
- Minimum of eighteen hours of professional elective course work consistent with the student's area of concentration.
- Nine additional hours of electives determined through consultation with the student's faculty advisor.
- Three hours for a research methods course.
- Six hours of supervised public health field experiences.
- Six hours of an integrated capstone option of either a problem-based or research-based project paper demonstrating appropriate discipline understanding.
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|Must complete courses listed below (or their approved equivalent). Hours earned for prerequisite coursework will not be applied to the DrPH degree requirements.|
|CPH 580||Biostatistics I||3|
|CPH 601||Occupational/Environmental Health I||3|
|CPH 604||Public Health and Disease Prevention||3|
|CPH 650||Management of Public Health Organizations||3|
|DrPH Core Curriculum, Part A|
|Must complete ALL five core courses.|
|CPH 910||Advanced Epidemiology||3|
|CPH 920||Advanced Environmental Health||3|
|CPH 930||Advanced Biostatistical Methods||3|
|CPH 940||Health Related Behaviors||3|
|CPH 950||Well Managed Public Health Organizations||3|
|DrPH Core Curriculum, Part B|
|Must complete ALL of the following courses, including course in area of concentration.|
|Any 600 or 700 Level Biostatistics Elective||3|
|CPH 911||Professional Seminar in Epidemiology||3|
|CPH 951||Professional Seminar in Public Health Management||3|
|DrPH Core Curriculum, Part C|
|Doctoral students must complete ALL of the following|
|CPH 995||Doctoral Research Methods in Public Health||3|
|CPH 996||Public Health Project Research||6|
|Advanced Courses in Area of Concentration (Electives)|
|Doctoral students must complete four courses in major area of concentration and four additional elective courses. (Requires advisor approval)||24|
|Students must complete ALL of the following requirements|
|Phase I Exam|
|CPH 997||Doctoral PH Field Practicum||6|
|Phase II Exam|
|Major Problem Solving Capstone Project|
|* Other advanced Biostatistics courses may be substituted with permission from advisor.|