- Borders TF, Booth BM, Curran GM. African American cocaine users’ preferred treatment site: Variations by rural/urban residence, stigma, and treatment effectiveness. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 2014, in press.
- Borders TF, Booth BM, Stewart KE, Cheney AM, Curran GM. Rural/urban residence, access, and perceived need for treatment among African American cocaine users. Journal of Rural Health, 2014, in press.
- Wright PB, Booth BM, Curran GM, Borders TF, Ounpraseuth ST, Stewart KE. Correlates of HIV testing among rural African American cocaine users. Research in Nursing and Health, 2014, 37:466-477.
- Booth BM, Stewart KE, Cheney AM, Curran GM, Borders TF. Beliefs and attitudes regarding drug treatment: Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior in African American Cocaine users. Addictive Behaviors, 2014;39(10):1441-1446.
- Cheney AM, Curran GM, Booth BM, Sullivan KE, Stewart KE, Borders TF. The religious and spiritual dimension of cutting down and stopping cocaine use: A qualitative exploration among African Americans in the South. Journal of Drug Issues, 2014;44(1):94-113.
Angela Powell Carman:
- Carman, Angela & Timsina, Lava. (accepted January 8, 2015). Public Health Accreditation: Rubber Stamp or Roadmap for Improvement. Am J Public Health; (in press).
- Prybil L., Scutchfield, F., Killian, R., Kelly, A., Mays, G., Carman, A., Levey, S., McGeorge, A., Fardo, D. Improving Community Health Through Hospital – Public Health Collaboration: Insights and Lessons Learned from Successful Partnerships. Lexington, KY: Commonwealth Center for Governance Studies, Inc; November 2014.
- Cohen, Elisia L., Head, Katherine J., McGladrey, Margaret L., Hoover, Anna G., Vanderpool, Robin C., Bridger, Colleen, Carman, Angela, Crosby, Richard A., Darling, Elaine, Tucker-McLaughlin, Mary, and Winterbauer, Nancy. “Designing for Dissemination: Lessons in Message Design from ‘1-2-3 Pap.’” Health Communication (2015) Vol 30, Issue 2.
- Carman, Angela, Timsina, Lava & Scutchfield, F.D. (February 2014). Quality Improvement Activities of Local Health Departments during the 2008-2010 Economic Recession. Am J Prev Med; 46(2)
Julia Field Costich:
- Costich JF, Slavova SS. Using enforcement and adjudication data to assess the impact of a primary safety belt law. Forthcoming, Traffic Injury Prevention.
- Costich JF, Health Administration. In Oxford Bibliographies Online: Public Health, ed. Lawrence Green. New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming February 2015.
- Ingram RC, Scutchfield FD, Costich JF. Public health agencies and accountable care organizations: finding common ground in population health. Forthcoming, American Journal of Public Health.
- Costich JF, Scutchfield FD, Ingram RC. Population health, public health and accountable care: emerging roles and relationships. Forthcoming, American Journal of Public Health.
- Costich JF, Rabarison K, Rabarison M. Regulatory activity and fiscal impact in local health agencies. Forthcoming, American Journal of Public Health.
- Howard A, Slavova SS, Costich JF, Mattacola C. Statewide assessment of sports and recreational injuries using emergency department administrative records. Adolesc Health. 2014 Jul 21. pii: S1054-139X(14)00236-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.05.013. [Epub ahead of print]
- Costich JF. Local public health departments as essential community providers for health benefit exchange plans. American Journal of Public Health, 2014 Apr;104(4):e12-4. doi: 10.2105/AJPH. 2013.301830. Epub 2014 Feb 13.
Richard C. Ingram:
- Ingram, RC, Kaye Bender, Robin Wilcox, Jessica Kronstadt. A Consensus-Based Approach to National Public Health Accreditation. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):9-13
- Harris, A, FD Scutchfield, Georgia Heise, Richard C. Ingram. The Relationship Between Local Public Health Agency Administrative Variables & County Health Status Rankings in Kentucky. J Public Health Manag Pract. (Epub ahead of print)
- Ingram, RC, FD Scutchfield, Julia F Costich. Public Health Departments and Accountable Care Organizations: Finding Common Ground in Population Health. Am J Public Health. (IN PRESS)
- Costich, JF, FD Scutchfield, Richard C. Ingram. Population Health, Public Health and Accountable Care: Emerging Roles and Relationships. Am J Public Health (IN PRESS
Lawrence D. Prybil:
- Prybil, L., Scutchfield, F. Douglas, Killian, R., Kelly, A., Carman, A., Levey, S., McGeorge, A., and Fardo, D., Improving Community Health Through Hospital - Public Health Collaboration : Insights and Lessons Learned from Successful Partnerships (Commonwealth Center for Governance Studies, Inc., 2014).
- Szekendi, M., Prybil, L., Cohen, D., Godsey, B., and Fardo, D., “Governance Practices and Performance in U. S. Academic Medical Centers,” American Journal of Medical Quality, published on line: August 12, 2014, DOI: 10.1177/1062860614547260 [Scheduled for print publication in 2015]
- Prybil, L., Dreher, and Curran, C., “Nurses on Boards: The Time Has Come,” Nurse Leader, 12:48-52, August, 2014.
- Combes, J., Totten, M., and Prybil, L., “Helping Boards Achieve and Demonstrate Accountability,” Healthcare Executive, 29: 76-78, May-June, 2014.
- Prybil, L., Bardach, D., and Fardo, D., “Board Oversight of Patient Quality in Large Nonprofit Health Systems, American Journal of Medical Quality, 29: 39-43, January-February, 2014.
Martha C. Riddell:
- Riddell, MC, Johnson, AO, Sandford, KG, Steltenkamp, C, and Pearce, KA. Achieving Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records in Primary Care: Critical Processes from the Kentucky Ambulatory Network (KAN), a Practice-Based Research Network Study. J Am Board Fam Med. November-December 2014; 27(6);772-779.
F. Douglas Scutchfield:
- Carman AL, Timsina LR, Scutchfield FD. Quality improvement activities of local health departments during the 2008-2010 economic recession. Am J Prev Med. 2014 Feb;46(2):171-4.
- Harris AL, Scutchfield FD, Heise G, Ingram RC.The Relationship Between Local Public Health Agency Administrative Variables and County Health Status Rankings in Kentucky.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 July-Aug;20(4):378-83
- Costich JF, Scutchfield FD, Ingram RC. Population Health, Public Health and Accountable Care: Emerging Roles and Relationships. Am J Public Health 2014; (in press)
- Ingram RC, Scutchfield FD, Costich JF. Public Health Departments and Accountable Care Organizations: Finding Common Ground in Population Health. Am J Public Health 2014 (in press)
- Pearce KA, Jarrett TD, Scutchfield, FD, Talbert JC, Bolt DW, Barron MA, Houlihan JM, Dignan, MB. Research Partnerships with Healthcare Providers in Rural Community Health Centers: Needs and Challenges in Diabetes Research. Public Health Frontier. (In Press)
- Scutchfield FD. Thomas Izod Bennett MD and Thomas Merton; a History and Examination of Their Interaction. Cithara 2015 (in press)
Sarah B. Wackerbarth:
- Tarasenko YN, Wackerbarth SB, Love MM, Joyce JM, Haist SA.
(2011). Colorectal Cancer Screening: Patients’ and Physicians’ Perspectives on Decision-Making Factors. Journal of Cancer Education. 26:285–293
- Wackerbarth SB, Strawer-Srinath, J, Conigliaro J. (In Press). The Human Side of Lean Teams. American Journal of Medical Quality. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24671098]
- Arbune A, Wackerbarth SB, Allison P, Conigliaro J. (In Press). Improvement through Small Cycles of Change: Lessons from an Academic Medical Center Emergency Department. Journal for Healthcare Quality. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25330898]
- Wackerbarth SB, Fanucchi LC, McGladrey ML. (In Press).Taking the Pulse of a Target Population: Assessing Change Readiness for a Healthcare Quality Improvement Effort. Quality Management in Health Care.