- Booth BM, Stewart KE, Cheney AM, Curran GM, Borders TF. Beliefs and attitudes regarding drug treatment: Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior in African American Cocaine users. Addictive Behaviors, in press.
- Cheney AM, Curran GM, Booth BM, Sullivan KE, Stewart KE, Borders TF. The religious and spiritual dimension of cutting down and stopping cocaine use: A qualitative exploration among African Americans in the South. Journal of Drug Issues, 2013 Jun 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Borders TF, Booth BM, Stewart KE, Wright PB, Leukefeld C, Falck RS, Carlson RS. Risky sex in rural America: Longitudinal changes in a community-based cohort of methamphetamine and cocaine users. American Journal on Addictions, 2013;22:535-542.
- Borders TF, Booth BM. Stimulant use, religiosity, and the odds of developing or maintaining an alcohol use disorder over time. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 2013;74:369-377.
Angela Powell Carman:
- Carman, Angela, Timsina, Lava & Scutchfield, F.D. (February 2014). Quality Improvement Activities of Local Health Departments during the 2008-2010 Economic Recession. AJPM; 46(2)
- Carman, Angela & Scutchfield, F. D. (November 2014) Strategic Health Issues from Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Planning (CHIP) in Kentucky. Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association;Vol 111.
- Carman, Angela. Community Health Needs Assessment Resources. 2013; http://www.americangovernance.com/resources/health-care-issues/. Accessed May 2013.
- Carman, Angela; Prybil, Lawrence; & Totten, Mary. (May 2013). Partners for Public Health: Hospitals and health departments can collaborate on community health needs assessments. Trustee, Vol 66, No. 5.
Julia Field Costich:
- Scutchfield FD, Costich JF. Law and the Public’s Health: Science and Policies. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2013; 44(4): 427-428.
- Costich JF, Fallat ME, Scaggs CM, Bartlett RD. Pilot Statewide Study of Pediatric Emergency Department Alignment with National Guidelines. Pediatric Emergency Care, 2013 July; 29(7): 806-807.
- Costich JF, Patton JD. Enforcement: Linking Policy and Impact in Public Health. Jurimetrics 2013; 53(3): 293-305.
James Wilson Holsinger, Jr.:
- Zhao, Li, Ma, Xiao, and Holsinger, James W.: Preparing and Conducting Seminars: Using the University of Kentucky as the Case. Chinese University Teaching. No. 1 (General Serial 269) January 2013, pp. 94-96. [Published in Chinese].
- Rabarison, Kristina, Ingram, Richard C., and Holsinger, James. W., Jr.: Application of Situational Leadership to the National Voluntary Public Health Accreditation Process. Front. Public Health, 12 August 2013 | doi:10.3389/fpubh.2013.00026.
- Jadhav, E.D., Holsinger, J.W., Mays, G.P., Fardo, D.: Should They Stay or Should They Go? Leader Duration and Financial Performance in Local Health Departments. J. Public Health Man. Pract. (Accepted for Publication).
- Mays, G.P., Hogg, R.A., Castellanos-Cruz, D.M., Hoover, A.G., and Fowler, L.C. (2013). Public health research implementation and translation: Evidence from practice- based research networks.American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 45(6), 752-762.
- Hoover, A.G. (2013). Communication at Superfund sites and the reification of division: Toward a convergence-building model of risk communication. Lexington, KY: University of Kentucky Theses and Dissertations—Communication. Cupp, P., Veil, S., Sellnow, T., Anthony, K., Staricek, N., Young, L., Anyaegbunam, C., Gray, C.,
- Hoover, A.G., and O’Hair, H.D. (Under Agency Review.) Case analysis of community engagement for developing post-incident risk communication guidelines: Phase I report. Submitted to UnitedStates Environmental Protection Agency Office of Research and Development – National Homeland Security Research Center, 13 August 2013.
- Johnson, J.D., and Hoover, A.G. (2013). When people outside the organization need information:Strategically communicating with external stakeholders. In J. Wrench (Ed.), Workplace communicationfor the 21st century: Tools and strategies that impact the bottom line (Vol. 2, pp. 305-332). Santa Barbara, CA:Praeger.
- Hoover, A.G. (2013) Commentary. Changing the channel: Public health communication in the 21st century. Frontiers in Public Health Services and Systems Research, 2(1), Article 6. In Press.
- Cohen, E.L., Head, K.J., McGladrey, M., Hoover, A. G., Vanderpool, R.C., Bridger, C., Carman, A.,Crosby, R.A., Darling, E., Tucker-McLaughin, M., and Winterbauer, N. (In press.) Designing for dissemination: Lessons in message design from ‘1-2-3 Pap’. Health Communication.
Richard C. Ingram:
- Rabarison, K, Richard C. Ingram, James W Holsinger Jr. Application of Situational Leadership to the National Voluntary Public Health Accreditation Process. Front Public Health. 2013 Aug 12;1:26.
- Dearinger, A, Richard C. Ingram, Robin Pendley. Diabetes Education: Quality Improvement Interventions through Health Departments. Am J Prev Med. 2013 Dec;45(6):782-6
- Scutchfield FD, Richard C. Ingram. Public Health Systems and Services Research: Building the Evidence Base to Improve Public Health Practice. Public Health Reviews. 2013;35. [Epub ahead of print].
- Ingram, RC, Kaye Bender, Robin Wilcox, Jessica Kronstadt. A Consensus-Based Approach to National Public Health Accreditation. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan-Feb;20(1):9-13
- 5. Harris, A, FD Scutchfield, Georgia Heise, Richard C. Ingram The Relationship Between Local Public Health Agency Administrative Variables & County Health Status Rankings in Kentucky. J Public Health Manag Pract. (Epub ahead of print)
William G. Pfeifle:
- “Factors Associate with Pharmacy Student Interest in International Study.” Chelsea Owen, Patrick Breheny, Richard Ingram, William Pfeifle, Jeff Cain, and Melody Ryan – American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education; 2013, 77(3) Article 54.
Lawrence D. Prybil:
- Prybil, L., “Nurses in Health Care Governance: Is the Picture Changing?” Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 28: 103-107, April-June, 2013.
- Prybil, L., Bardach, D., and Fardo, D., “Board Oversight of Patient Quality in Large Nonprofit Health Systems, American Journal of Medical Quality, published online: May 7, 2013.
- Prybil, L., and Killian, R., “Community Benefit Needs Board Oversight,” Health Progress, 94:90-94, July-August, 2013.
Martha C. Riddell:
- Riddell, MC, Johnson, AO, Sandford, KG, Steltenkamp, C, and Pearce, KA. Achieving Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records in Primary Care: Critical Processes from the Kentucky Ambulatory Network (KAN), a Practice-Based Research Network Study. JABFM (in review)
F. Douglas Scutchfield:
- Kaprielian VS, Silberberg M, McDonald MA, Koo D, Hull SK, Murphy G, Tran AN, Sheline BL, Halstater B, Martinez-Bianchi V, Weigle NJ, de Oliveira JS, Sangvai D, Copeland J, Tilson HH, Scutchfield FD, Michener JL. Teaching Population Health: A Competency Map Approach to Education. Acad Med. 2013 Mar 21. PMID:23524919
- Scutchfield FD, Costich JF. Law and the Public's Health: Science and Policies. Am J Prev Med. 2013 Apr;44(4):427-8. PMID: 23498111
- Scutchfield FD, Ingram RC. Public Health Systems and Services Research: Building the Evidence Base to Improve Public Health Practice. Public Health Reviews. 2013;35: epub ahead of print.
- Carman AL, Timsina LR, Scutchfield FD. Quality improvement activities of local health departments during the 2008-2010 economic recession. Am J Prev Med. 2014 Feb;46(2):171-4.
- Harris AL, Scutchfield FD, Heise G, Ingram RC. The Relationship Between Local Public Health Agency Administrative Variables and County Health Status Rankings in Kentucky. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014 Jan 15
Sarah B. Wackerbarth:
- Wackerbarth SB, Strawer-Srinath, J, Conigliaro J. (In Press). The Human Side of Lean Teams. American Journal of Medical Quality.
- Arbune A, Wackerbarth SB, Allison P, Conigliaro J. (In Press). Improvement through Small Cycles of Change: Lessons from an Academic Medical Center Emergency Department. Journal for Healthcare Quality.