Who We Are
The University of Kentucky Student Public Health Association (SPHA) is a student affiliate of the Kentucky Public Health Association (KPHA). We are a nonprofit organization for students of the University of Kentucky College of Public Health and other individuals interested in public health. The chapter was founded on September 21, 2000. The student chapter consists of an executive board of elected officials and an appointed Community Service Chair.
UKSPHA is a student-run organization and basic governing unit of the University of Kentucky College of Public Health. UKSPHA’s role is to act as a liaison between students and faculty, promote student involvement to develop healthy communities, and represent the needs of students of the College of Public Health.
Who Can Join
Any student at the University of the Kentucky who is interested in public health issues can join regardless of their year in school or specific college they attend. Please contact any of the officers to obtain more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President: Allie Merritt - MPH
- Vice President: Madi Shore - BPH
- Secretary: Olivia Ramirez - MPH
- Treasurer: Kyra Patel - MPH
- Community Service Chair: Natalie Littlefield - MPH
UK Health Executive (MHA)
- President: Peterson Wellford
- Vice President: Kaylee Gaspard
- Secretary: Kaeto Vin-Nnajiofor
- Treasurer: Amanda Richey
- Recruitment: Rithvi Melanta