The Seaton Center, located on the corner of University Drive and Complex Drive, is a multi-use facility that is shared among the Kinesiology Department, the UK Health and Wellness Department, and UK Campus Recreation and Wellness. The Seaton Center gym is home to kinesiology classes, UK MoveWell classes, and intramural sports. It is also available for group reservations and open recreation. For questions about the Seaton Center contact Kathy Rose.
Note: For information about the MoveWell Fitness Gym, with locations in the Seaton Center and on Export Street, contact UK Health and Wellness, 859-257-9355.
Open Gym Hours (Seaton Center basketball courts only)
Summer hours begin on May 4.
Fall/Spring Semester Hours:
Sunday - Friday, 4pm - midnight*
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 1pm
Monday - Friday, 12pm - 1pm; 5pm - 7pm
*KHP classes, MoveWell classes (UK Wellness), UK Intramural Sports, and special reservations take priority over open recreation. Please check the schedule below for changes to open recreation hours.
Open Gym Eligibility
- Seaton Center gym is available during open recreation hours to UK students, employees, and retirees, Johnson Center members, BCTC employees (Cooper Drive Campus) and VA employees (Cooper Drive only).
- Kinesiology classes, UK intramural sports, and group reservations take priority over open recreation. Please visit this page or check the posted weekly schedule, located on the Seaton Center gym doors, for the most current open recreation hours.
- UK or Johnson Center/Alumni Gym IDs required for admittance during open recreation. Guest passes or Alumni Association passes are available at the Johnson Center. All Johnson Center guest pass or Alumni Association pass rules rules apply. See Guest Pass Rules for more information.
Seaton Center Gym Reservation Guidelines
- All currently registered campus organizations and recognized UK departments may reserve the Seaton Center gym.
- Group officers or department representatives must have an account on EMS, the university's event management system, in order to reserve space.
- Non–University groups and organizations are ineligible to reserve Campus Recreation facilities.
- Go to the following site and either log in or set up an account:
- After logging in, select "Create a Request" and choose the "Campus Recreation Indoor Space" template.