Fitness Staff Needed
Certified Fitness Staff Needed
The Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness Fitness program is accepting applications for qualifed and certified Group Fitness Instructors/Personal Trainers. The Fitness Department needs you!
Are you not currently a certified instructor or trainer but want to learn more about becoming one? The Fitness department regularly hosts certifications and workshops where individuals can become certified. Click here for information about Campus Recreation hosted certifications.
The Fitness Department also hosts a Group Fitness and Personal Training Certifcation Prep Course based upon the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Curriculum. Click here for rmore information about the RECFIT Program.
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructors are responsible for providing patrons with safe, fun, and effective group fitness programming across various formats. The Group Fitness program targets 30,000 participants in more than 2,000 classes yearly. Instructors must have a working knowledge in the latest fitness trends and hold a certification from one of the following organizations and a basic Adult CPR/AED certification:
- Primary Group Fitness Certification: American Council on Exercise (ACE), Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- Indoor Cycling: MadDogg or Schwinn
- Yoga: Yoga Alliance or YogaFit
- Specialty: TRX, Zumba, Beachbody Live (Insanity, P90X, PiYO, Turbo Kick, Cize, Country Heat), Barre, R.I.P.P.E.D, Pound
Certified Personal Trainer
Trainers are responsible for providing clients with safe, fun, and effective training sessions to help clients reach their specific goals. The Personal Training Program conducts more than 2,500 sesions yearly through individual, partney, and small group training. Applicants need to have experience in conducting fitness assessments, designing/implementing progressive training sessions, superb time management and customer service skills. Qualified applicants must hold a certification from one of the organizations below:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Exercise Trainer Association (NETA)
- Go to the UK Jobs Website, locate the "Student Jobs"area and search for Campus Recreation. Apply online for the Student Campus Recreation Position
- Send a copy Resume/Cover Letter to Casey Gilvin, Fitness Director via email, email@example.com
- Conduct an initial interview with Fitness Staff
- Audition for position where applicant conducts group fitness demo or mock training sessions to assess hands on skills. Evaluations will be conducted by members of the Fitness staff
Please contact Casey Gilvin, FItness director for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-257-3928