Fitness Staff Needed
The Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness Fitness program is now accepting applications for qualifed and certified Group Fitness Instructors/Personal Trainers.
Are you not currently a certified instructor or trainer but want to learn more about becoming one? The Fitness department regularly hosts certifications and workshops where individuals can become certified. A listing of all Workshops/Certifications for the Fall 2019 semester soon!
The Fitness Department also hosts a Group Fitness and Personal Training Preparation & Certification Course. Details regarding the FIT Academy Program for the Fall Semester will be posted soon!
Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructors are responsible for providing patrons with safe, fun, and effective group fitness programming across various formats. The Group Fitness program targets 30,000 participants in more than 2,000 classes yearly. Instructors must have a working knowledge in the latest fitness trends and hold a certification from one of the following organizations and a basic Adult CPR/AED certification:
- Primary Group Fitness Certification: American Council on Exercise (ACE), Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
- Indoor Cycling: MadDogg, Schwinn, Stages
- Yoga: Yoga Alliance or YogaFit
- Specialty: TRX, Zumba, Beachbody Live (Insanity, P90X, PiYO, Turbo Kick), Barre, R.I.P.P.E.D, Pound
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all accepted certifications, just formats or specialties that our program usually offers. Feel free to contact us if you are certified by an organization not listed and want to potentially teach Group Fitness at UK!
Trainers are responsible for providing clients with safe, fun, and effective training sessions to help clients reach their specific goals. The Personal Training Program conducts more than 2,500 sesions yearly through individual, partney, and small group training. Applicants need to have experience in conducting fitness assessments, designing/implementing progressive training sessions, superb time management and customer service skills. Qualified applicants must hold a certification from an NCCA accredited organization. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Exercise Trainer Association (NETA)
- Go to the UK Jobs Website, locate the "Student Jobs"area and search for Campus Recreation. Apply online for the Student Campus Recreation Position
- Send a copy Resume/Cover Letter to Fitness Services: email@example.com
- Conduct an initial interview with Fitness Staff
- Audition for position where applicant conducts group fitness demo or mock training sessions to assess hands on skills. Evaluations will be conducted by members of the Fitness staff
Hiring Questions? Please contact Lindsay Thomayer, Fitness Coordinator at 859-218-2056 or firstname.lastname@example.org