Mission, Vision, and Goals
The University of Kentucky’s Collegiate Recovery Community is dedicated to empowering students recovering from addictive disorders to achieve academic, personal, and professional success while maintaining recovery. The CRC provides a safe and supportive community for students in recovery, including a positive social atmosphere with like-minded peers, dedicated and qualified recovery staff, and an emphasis on developing as productive members of society.
The Collegiate Recovery Community seeks to provide support to students in recovery from substance use disorders and process addictions, to combat the stigma associated with addiction and recovery, and to follow a holistic wellness approach in programming so that students develop in the 6 dimensions of wellness (emotional, intellectual, financial, physical, social, & spiritual).
- to provide a safe location on campus for students in recovery
- to create a platform, on and off campus, for support and advocacy for students in recovery and those who are their allies
- to provide a socially engaging and empowering environment on campus to increase the sense of community and accountability for students in recovery
- to engage the larger community in a positive, solution-driven conversation around addiction and recovery
- to increase the ability for students to succeed at the university while thriving in their recovery