2017 Summer Sessions
Summer School at UK welcomes new and continuing University of Kentucky students, visiting students from other colleges and universities, teachers, and practicing professionals who take courses to advance their credentials.
10 Advantages of Summer School at UK:
- Finish your degree sooner
- Smaller class sizes
- Lower student-faculty ratios for more interaction between you and the professor
- Complete prerequisite courses
- Smaller class loads to focus on challenging courses
- Take popular classes frequently closed during fall/spring semesters
- Shorter terms
- Greater access to resources, parking and facilities
- Optimal time to study abroad
- Over 350 online course offerings – take courses from across the globe
There are two Summer Sessions:
- 1st Summer Session* - May 9 - June 6, 2017
- 2nd Summer Session** - June 8 - August 3, 2017
*Earn up to 4 credit hours
**Earn up to 9 credit hours
Current UK Students
Current UK students should first meet with their advisor to discuss degree plans and options. If you are currently enrolled and plan to attend the 2016 summer sessions, you should priority register during your assigned window. Additional dates to add summer courses include Add/Drop. For further information, please contact your advisor, or use the Registration Help Line: (859) 257-7173.
A goal of the University of Kentucky is to provide appropriate access to academic courses for students desiring to continue their education without seeking a degree. Non-degree status affords an opportunity for individuals to pursue lifelong learning without the structure of degree-seeking status. Most non-degree students are considered "Lifelong Learners" and include the following groups: Donovan Scholars, students who have already earned degrees, and non-traditional students who wish to begin their studies as non-degree students in order to be considered for degree-seeking status later. Other students eligible to enter the University in a non-degree status include visiting students from other colleges and universities and high school students of exceptional ability.
Students participating in either or both summer sessions have the option to live on campus. For more information on how to live with us this summer, visit our website, or contact us at email@example.com or (859) 257-1866!
Apply In Person
Visit our office to fill to submit a paper application.
125 Funkhouser Building
Searching for Classes
To view the summer 2017 Schedule of Classes, use myUK
- For Students: If you are a currently enrolled or admitted student and you have a Linkblue Account, search for classes using the myUK portal. Log in to myUK
and click on Student Services at the top left. From there, click on Plan and register for Courses at the top. For complete instructions on registering using myUK, see myUK Registration Instructions (PDF).
- For Faculty and Staff: Log in to myUK and click on Student Administration. Then, click on Academics.
If you do not have a Linkblue account, you can access the online schedule of classes here:
2017 Summer Session I Schedule of Classes -- Four-Week (PDF)