Address and Name Changes/Verification
- Print a copy of the form. If you are unable to view or print the form, you must contact the Registrar's Office to have a form sent to you.
- Fill out every blank on the form and sign and date at the bottom.
- You must send a copy of documentation which shows the "new" name as you wish it to appear on your official records. (i.e. marriage certificate.
- Mail completed affidavit and documentation to:
You may update your address on-line using myUK. If you are unable to use myUK, on a piece of paper provide the following information:
- Full name
- Student ID Number
- Billing address and phone number
- Local address and phone number (where you reside while attending school)
- Permanent address and phone number (grades are sent here)
- E-mail address
- Name and phone number of an Emergency Contact person
- Expected month and year of graduation
Send this to:
Enrollment and Degree Verifications
National Student Clearinghouse is the official agent for all of the following verifications at the University of Kentucky:
- Enrollment Verifications - for all except Car Insurance and Statements of Good Standing (needed when taking courses at another institution).*
- Loan Deferments (Except Perkins Loans).
- Degree Verifications - prospective employers verify that applicants have received degrees and the Clearinghouse is able to provide degree information.
* For Car Insurance Enrollment Verifications and Statement of Good Standing, go to Registrar's Office (Room 10 Funkhouser Building).
National Student Clearinghouse may be contacted at:
Loan Deferment Forms
Can be provided as long as the student does not have a privacy flag in the student information system.
Good Standing Letters
Good Standing Letters are required to take classes at another institution during the summer or may be required for one semester before returning to UK. They are not given if a stop has been recorded on the student's records in SAP. It is okay to release a Good Standing Letter if a student is on probation.
A GPA of 2.0 or “C” average is needed for a Letter of Good Standing.
The Registrar's Office can accept a written request for a Good Standing Letter, if it includes the student's signature and mailing address and/or a fax number they wish the letter to be forwarded to.
Good Student Discounts
This is a discount on car insurance. Students are required to be full-time for the semester.
It is based on a 3.0 GPA for the immediate preceding semester. The cumulative GPA is not considered.
Students need to show their picture ID before the Registrar's Office will complete the form since we are releasing confidential information. We can also complete the Good Student Discount form by written request with the student's signature, if the form is faxed (to number (859) 257-7160) or mailed to this office.
Statement of Obligation
The University of Kentucky’s official method of correspondence with students is via the UK assigned email address. I understand that I am responsible for regularly (not less than once per week) accessing my UK assigned email account and for taking any required action indicated in official university correspondence sent to this address.
Request and completion of registration constitutes a contractual financial obligation to pay tuition and fees for which I am liable. I am responsible for reading and understanding the current Drop/Refund policy of the University as it appears in the current Schedule of Classes. Permission to cancel enrollment does not constitute, nor shall it be construed as, a waiver by UK of my financial obligation. I understand that any financial assistance I receive will be applied against my billed charges to reduce my financial obligation.
I am responsible for all outstanding debts and contracts with the University. The University reserves the right to assess financial penalties (including collection costs) on any indebtedness. Any past-due accounts may be referred to an outside collection agency which could result in such.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, is a federal law that protects the privacy and confidentiality of personally identifiable information contained within student education records. The University of Kentucky complies with FERPA confidentiality protections and adheres to procedures dealing with student education records and directory information recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. This law applies to K-12 as well as postsecondary education and is commonly known as the Buckley Amendment.