Community and Engagement
The University of Kentucky is the state's flagship, land-grant institution. Its mission is to provide education and research on behalf of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the larger world around us.
But there's another important responsibility UK has — service.
Kentucky is a diverse state with 120 counties and UK has a presence in each and every county through the agricultural extension service. Whether it's help with farming or financial planning, UK's extension agents are our ambassadors to the Commonwealth.
But the commitment to service extends to every facet of university life. At the Coldstream Research Park in Lexington, UK is growing start-up high-tech and health-care companies that are growing tomorrow's economy today. Throughout the state, the College of Dentistry's mobile dental vans are providing dental care to thousands of Kentucky's children. UK HealthCare's A. B. Chandler Hospital has partnerships in community hospitals throughout the state, designed to help people stay closer to home for the basic medical needs. And our researchers are conducting pioneering studies in everything from water quality and energy production to breast cancer and cardiovascular disease.
UK is a university fully engaged in the state, country and world we serve. It's a fundamental part of our mission.
- Center for Community Outreach
- UKAN (UK Advocacy Network)
- Cooperative Extension Service
- Legal Clinic
- Martin Luther King Jr. Cultural Center
- Office for Institutional Diversity
- UK HealthCare Volunteer Services
- Robinson Scholars Program
- Kentucky Geological Survey
- Dental Outreach Programs
- Kentucky Rural Health Works Program
- Student-Run Free Clinic
- Jesse G. Harris Jr Phychological Services Center
Arts and Culture
- Art Museum
- Singletary Center for the Arts
- Anthropology Museum
- Wade Hall Quilt Collection
Information and Publications
- Event Calendar
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Kentucky Kernel
- Agriculture Information Center
- American Private Enterprise Youth Program
- Collaborative Center for Literacy Development (CCLD)
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Engineering Outreach Education
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UK
- Donovan Fellows
- Kentucky Early Mathematics Testing Program (KEMTP)
- Office of Field Experiences and School Collaboration
- International Resources for K-12