2019 UK Appreciation Day
Save the Date! May 23 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kroger Field
This day is to express thanks for UK faculty and staff's hard work and dedication to the university. Everyone from the UK community is welcome. Supervisors are encouraged to adjust schedules accordingly without requiring leave to be utilized. UK HealthCare employees should notify their supervisor in advance if they would like to attend so schedules can be adjusted accordingly to not impact patient care.
UK Employees can vote now through April 17 for their favorite t-shirt design. Click here to vote! The design with the most votes will be printed on t-shirts and given away at the event.
Department orders for Appreciation Day t-shirts must be completed through the online order form no later than April 30, 2019. Every department that completes the form will be sent a confirmation code to be brought between 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. May 23, the day of the event. Department t-shirts that are not picked up by 1:30 p.m. will be returned to the general Appreciation Day giveaway. Department orders can be placed here: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1ROpPy7Lz88g2Xz.
All Appreciation Day activities are free and include:
- Lunch (pulled chicken sandwiches, nachos, chips, cookies and drinks)
- T-Shirt Giveaway (UK ID required)
- Photo Booth
- Cleary You Crystals
- Virtual Reality
- Caricature drawings
- UK Department and Vendor Exhibit Fair
- Corn Hole
- Voting booths for Staff Senate and the staff representative to the Board of Trustees elections
To provide ease of transport to the UK Appreciation Day site, bus service and specifically designated free parking have been secured.
Republic Parking will operate four buses specifically for those attending UK Appreciation Day. The buses will operate from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. One bus will service the southern side of campus and one bus will service the northern portion.
- Stop 1: Scovell Hall (Huguelet Drive at S. Limestone)
- Stop 2: Administration Drive (near Gillis Building)
- Stop 3: UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital (front entrance driveway)
- Stop 4: Rose Street at Columbia Avenue
- Stop 5: Kroger Field, Gate 4 (event location)
- Stop 1: Ag North
- Stop 2: UK Chandler Hospital flagpole
- Stop 3: Kroger Field, Gate 4 (event location)
UK Appreciation Day attendees may utilize the Blue Route and White Route provided by Lextran, as well as the Orange Route provided by Transportation Services. However, these routes will only provide faster access to the stadium area and will not drop off directly to the event.
Campus buses can be tracked in real time using the TransLoc Rider app on iPhone and Android devices or by visiting their website here, allowing for users to plan for delays caused by traffic, accidents or inclement weather.
Kroger Field parking lots will be available for free Appreciation Day parking and will not be controlled for permits on Thursday, May 23.