Since its inception in 2002, the Staff Senate has:
- Co-establishing the Staff Shared Leave Pool Program
- Designing and co-establishing the Crisis Relief in Situations Involving Staff (C.R.I.S.I.S.) Program
- Coordinating UK Appreciation Day for staff, faculty and families
- Establishing communication with senior administrators
- Assisting UK Healthcare staff with being granted a floating holiday
- Coordinating Conversation with the President for staff
- Securing representation on University committees
- Co-sponsoring the Outstanding Staff Awards Program with the President
- Co-funding UK Remembers
- Supporting student sponsorship of the Governor’s Forum on campus
Mission & Vision
MISSION The Staff Senate represents the interests of staff to strenghthen relationships at the University of Kentucky and foster a climate that promotes and empowers all university employees and students to participate in the decision making process.
VISION To be the nation’s premier model of university staff leadership in shared governance.