President Capilouto and Provost Tracy met with the co-chairs of the strategic plan committees in early March to outline the next steps forward. Efforts over the next several weeks will focus on refining the important work done in five areas:
- Undergraduate student success
- Diversity and inclusivity
- Community engagement and impact
- Graduate education (we will address professional education initiatives separately once this process is completed)
Feedback and input from the campus will continue to be critical as the leadership team completes its important work
Three town halls— opportunities for us to engage with the community and receive your feedback— took place in May:
- Wednesday, May 6: Lexmark Public Room
- Thursday, May 7: W.T. Young Library
- Wednesday, May 13: Bio-Pharm Complex
These events were also live streamed on UKNow. Individuals watching via live stream had the opportunity to email and tweet questions and comments.
The leadership team will review this feedback and make final edits to the plan, before presenting it to our Board of Trustees for its consideration in June.