By the Numbers
The creation of "see tomorrow: The University of Kentucky Strategic Plan" is a process that has already involved the dedication of hundreds of people over thousands of hours -- and their work is far from complete. Please check this page regularly to see the numbers rise!
Here are some facts on the strategic planning process, by the numbers:
- 8 Town Halls, opportunities for the entire UK community to join in the discussion, have been held; several more are scheduled.
- 5 speakers and one panel of speakers have presented in the see tomorrow Speaker Series
- 8 overarching goals are guiding the planning process
- Work on the strategic planning process has spanned 5 months so far
- 9 trends were identified in the Working Groups' research report on trends in higher education; the report is 107 pages long and includes 85 references
- 103 people are members of the 6 Working Groups of the Planning Committee, led by 12 Co-Chairs; the Planning Committee has a nearly even 50/50 split of men and women, and is comprised of 50% faculty, 36% staff, and 14% students
- More than 150 people have participated in focus groups related to the Academic Brand Initiative
- 232 people were nominated for participation on the Planning Committee, by 79 nominators
- More than 1,000 people have been involved in the strategic planning process to date
- Videos of the strategic planning Co-Chairs have been viewed more than 1500 times on YouTube