Role of the Provost
As chief academic officer, Provost Riordan, in partnership with the campus community, oversees the development and implementation of see tomorrow: The University of Kentucky Strategic Plan. This six-year plan is designed to guide the university’s academic development between now and 2020.
President Eli Capilouto, his senior leadership team and the University of Kentucky Board of Trustees have identified six guiding principles for the development of the plan:
- Creating a Vibrant Undergraduate Learning Community
- Advancing a High Quality Graduate and Professional Education Portfolio
- Cultivating a Robust Research Environment
- Developing a Strong and Sustainable UK Infrastructure
- Fostering a Positive Work Environment for Faculty and Staff
- Having a Meaningful Impact on the Commonwealth and the Community
A Strategic Plan must involve the entire campus community and its stakeholders throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. President Capilouto, Provost Riordan and the senior leadership team are committed to a process that values and encourages input and a sense of deep involvement from throughout the campus in the development of this critical vision document for UK’s future.