- Outdoor Pursuits
- Club Sports
Johnson Recreation Center
The Johnson Center‚ located on Complex Drive‚ is a state–of–the–art recreation facility that is designed to provide choices and opportunities for healthy living. The appealing‚ open environment encourages participation and development of a positive‚ healthy lifestyle. It is a great place to gather‚ make new friends‚ and take a positive step towards lifelong health and fitness habits.
The Johnson Center is available for current UK and eligible BCTC students and Johnson Center members. Members must present a current student ID card or Johnson Center ID card for admission. Facilities are available for basketball‚ weight training and conditioning‚ group fitness classes‚ climbing‚ volleyball‚ badminton‚ jogging‚ racquetball‚ and wallyball. Locker and shower facilities are also available. For questions about the Johnson Center contact Kathy Rose.
- Multi–purpose gymnasium
- Four–lane elevated jogging track
- Fitness/conditioning center
- Group fitness studio
- Four racquetball courts
- Climbing Wall
- Locker and shower facilities
General Facility Rules
- A current UK or BCTC student ID‚ member ID‚ or guest pass is required for admittance. All guests must provide a photo ID for admittance.
- Children must be at least 14 years of age to enter the facility.
- Shirts and non–marking athletic shoes are required in recreation areas.
- Food and drink (with the exception of leak–proof water bottles) are allowed in the lobby/lounge area only.
- No tobacco products are allowed in the facility.
- No dunking or hanging on the basketball rims.
- Abusive language and inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
Scrubs not allowed in activity areas
Lockers are available for daily use by members and guests. Those wishing to use day–use lockers may provide their own locks or check out a lock at the control desk. Locks on day–use lockers must be removed before leaving the facility.
A variety of equipment‚ from basketballs to climbing shoes‚ is available for members while in the facility. A current UK student ID or Johnson Center ID card is necessary for day use equipment checkout.
A variety of equipment is available for overnight checkout. A current UK student or employee ID is required to check out equipment overnight. Equipment must be reserved at least one day in advance by completing and submitting the following form:
Parking & Bus Service
An “E” pass/pay lot is located on the corner of Complex and Sports Center Drive.
Check the UK Parking web site for rules pertaining to all university parking lots. Parking rules are subject to change without notice. The University CATS bus runs along University Drive, which is a short walk from the Johnson Center. For more information on parking and bus routes/times visit:www.uky.edu/pts/.