- Outdoor Pursuits
- Club Sports
Personal training is your opportunity to meet one - on - one with a certified personal trainer to develop a fitness program specifically designed to meet your needs and interests! Details of our personal training program are listed below!
Vision Statement: The vision of the personal training department is to empower individuals to achieve healthy lifestyles through education, motivation, and training.
Mission Statement: The mission of the personal training department is to provide the individual with the knowledge and ability to develop lifelong skills and self-efficacy through exercise, in order to achieve optimal health and well-being.
- Client must be a current Johnson Center member.
- All clients will be required to complete informational documents prior to exercise. A physician’s clearance may be deemed necessary.
- All clients will be required to undergo a Fitness Assessment prior to exercise.
- We reserve the right to deny services to those participants who may not be able to exercise safely within the parameters of our program based on the American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines.
- Read over the personal trainer profiles and decide which trainer you would like to work with (there may be several you are interested in working with).
- To register for personal training services, please complete the following form:
- You will be contacted by Zach Seagroves, our Personal Training Coordinator, or you may be contacted directly by your new trainer. You should be contacted by a trainer within 48 hours. We will do our best to contact you sooner if possible!
Conduct of Training Sessions
- All sessions will be conducted on the University of Kentucky Campus.
- Individual or group training sessions will be a maximum of 60 minutes in length; the hour begins at the scheduled meeting time.
- Training sessions will be scheduled at a mutually convenient and agreed upon time by the trainer and client.
- A session “no show” counts as a session serviced and that session will be forfeited by the client.
- If the client arrives more than 15 minutes late for the scheduled appointment, forfeiture of the session will result and the personal trainer has the right to leave the premises.
- All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time of each individual session as agreed upon in the “Training Contract.”
- Personal training will only be conducted by current Department of Campus Recreation Certified personal training staff.
- It is recommended that all program participants work with their personal trainer at least 2-3 times per week. However, due to scheduling conflicts and financial considerations, we understand that this may not be possible.
- All personal training sessions will be purchased in the Campus Recreation Business Office according to the current program fees. Cash, check or credit card is accepted.
- All training sessions must be purchased in advance in order to participate, no exceptions.
Individual Personal Training
Initial session - $50
- Includes a fitness consultation (assessment, goal setting session, and program design session) and two (2) 1 hour sessions with a trainer
Single sessions - $20/session
- Single sessions may be purchased in any increment after the initial session has been purchased (ex: 3 sessions = $60)
- 2 or more participants - maximum of 5 clients
Initial session – $40/client
- Includes a fitness assessment (assessment, goal setting session, and program design session) for each client and two (2) 1 hour sessions with a trainer
Single sessions - $15/client/session
- Single group sessions may be purchased in any increment after the initial session has been purchased (ex: 3 sessions = $45/client)
- Personal training sessions are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- Sessions expire 4 months after the date of purchase.
The Business Office (Located in the Johnson Center Lobby) is open:
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday, Closed
For questions regarding personal training, please contact:
Zach Seagroves, Personal Training Coordinator
(859) 257-9283 or email@example.com